finally got my berghia nudibranch breeding !

ecexotics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
been trying to breed these little buggers for months , they finally took off. started of with 5 just collected 95 last night. the level of joy collecting them was like nothing i've expiercened before. even more excited to see TONS of egg sacks. will absolutely be posting in the market place in the near future.

F070FE62-4B51-499D-9441-F97F1B3E86CF.jpeg

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations! What was the secret and how do you provide enough aptasia for them to eat? You're going to have so many hobbyists ready to take orders!

OP
OP
ecexotics

ecexotics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you ! to be honest it was very long and grueling hunt for anemone. Over time i bought every piece of coral that i saw that had a anemone and purposely making them spawn created thousands in a matter of months. anything will make them spawn, too much light , too little, water flow changes moon cycles from the radion have proved the most effective . and make sure u leave dead spots with no flow for the eggs floating around to attach. it's a ton of work keeping up a large system growing apatasia and berghia but it's part of the reason why i love the hobby so much

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did it work for you? I want to breed berghias too.
Unfortunately he not been online In nearly 2 years,straight after he posted here.
Maybe he made his millions from the borgia ^_^
Nice little side line if can keep breeding / survive
Screenshot_20220429-021249_Chrome.jpg

maleks.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately he not been online In nearly 2 years,straight after he posted here.
Maybe he made his millions from the borgia ^_^
Nice little side line if can keep breeding / survive
Screenshot_20220429-021249_Chrome.jpg
hahah dang. I want to breed berghias but it seems everyone who has a post about breeding them suddenly disappears and i cant reach them to ask questions lol

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been trying for months now at any time I have 10-15 egg spirals but can’t get any babies. Slowly the Nudis I have are also dying. I have endless supply of aptasia thousands so they are not starving. I e done many cleanings of this tank to remove amphipods that would be eating eggs. But even with no egg eating hitchhikers still the eggs do not hatch to babies. 7-10 days go by eggs on glass then they slowly are gone over a day or 2 but weeks later nothing. And I do see more then one at a time making the spiral so I’d assume they are getting g fertilized.

maleks.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been trying for months now at any time I have 10-15 egg spirals but can’t get any babies. Slowly the Nudis I have are also dying. I have endless supply of aptasia thousands so they are not starving. I e done many cleanings of this tank to remove amphipods that would be eating eggs. But even with no egg eating hitchhikers still the eggs do not hatch to babies. 7-10 days go by eggs on glass then they slowly are gone over a day or 2 but weeks later nothing. And I do see more then one at a time making the spiral so I’d assume they are getting g fertilized.
Maybe it is the temp or salinity?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually let me double check salt but temp is good per apex set with alarms that never went off

AOmegaX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back