finally got'em! h.flame wrasse pair

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drove about an hour and a half to atlanta and picked these up today from Just Rare fish. Tom was great to deal with and the fish are very healthy. I have always thought the hawaiian flame wrasse was colorful but until I saw them in person I had no clue. These fish are so bright it is stunning. I took a couple pics while they were in a 5 gallon bucket acclimating. Had to use a flashlight to add some light down in the bucket. Kinda washed their colors a bit. Not the best pics but I am so happy with them I had to post. I will try to get some pics of them in their new home after they get comfy in it.

hflameacclimation1.jpg

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow those are very nice..good luck with yours and post pics for sure..they are very bright in person pics never do them justice!!!

OP
OP
salt newbie01

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys - well it's just the first night but they are out swimming and eating. gotta be a good sign.

some more pics

hflame1stnight2.jpg

hflame1stnight1.jpg

hflame1stnight.jpg

thanks for looking

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet sweet fish man!!! Glad Tom could hook you up! :D

OP
OP
salt newbie01

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you but the praise should all go to Tom at just rare fish. He's the one that had these beautiful fish.

I have seen males for as high as $299 on marinecenter!! I got the pair for $189. I know his prices fluctuate with the season and availability. So you would just have to check with him.

OP
OP
salt newbie01

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again - they are quickly becoming my favorite fish!

They are in a 58. I have a 75 that I may move them into. But right now the canopy on the 75 is not solid - the back is open and I have some hob equipment on it. So I have to fix that situation before I will put any wrasses in there.

AquaJern

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, I been thinking about keeping some wrasses in my 30 breeder. After seeing them they might be it!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys - well it's just the first night but they are out swimming and eating. gotta be a good sign.

some more pics

hflame1stnight2.jpg

hflame1stnight1.jpg

hflame1stnight.jpg

thanks for looking

I miss mine... :(

but awesome pick up for sure.. and killer price on the pair... how are they doing?

OP
OP
salt newbie01

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks marvin and chris!

The tank came down with ich so all the fish are in a hospital tank getting hypo-salinity treatment. But there is an issue with the males fins and gill. I made a thread with pics - take a look and see if you guys have ever seen something like this...PLEASE!! aside from the fin/gill issue they were doing great -

Chris most of the fairy and flasher family get along pretty well. I also have a filimented flasher in with the flames and they all get along fine. In your big tank you could easily keep several harems and they would have plenty of room.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back