First saltwater tank

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting my first saltwater reef nano tank this week. New to the hobby. Not really new to fish just saltwater. Wanted to say hello to the people in the area. After everything has cycled and I am ready for corals I would love to find people in town who are selling or getting rid of frags. I live in the Trussville Leeds area and my family lives off 280. I am glad to find so many reefers in Birmingham area. When the world calms down I hope we could all get together sometime again. Nice to meet everyone. Happy reefing!

OP
OP
C

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!! Was the tank a Christmas present to yourself?
Strangely the tank was free from my uncle who breeds African Cichlids and he's been cutting back I think. So everything else to start a saltwater tank was the present to myself. He's bringing the tank up this week. I told him to bring a 20 or 30 gallon. Ive got a big enough filter to run either. I just want to start a nano for now.

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I've seen your thread on your "new" tank hope it is going well! I loved that you ran everything to the basement.
Thanks, it’s going well. Really
Nice having all the equipment downstairs. Pain in the rear to plumb, but worth it.

OP
OP
C

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, it’s going well. Really
Nice having all the equipment downstairs. Pain in the rear to plumb, but worth it.
It looks like you're lucky that part of the basement was unfinished or maybe you've been thinking of this tank a long time. I guess if you finish the basement now you have a sump room for sure.

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like you're lucky that part of the basement was unfinished or maybe you've been thinking of this tank a long time. I guess if you finish the basement now you have a sump room for sure.
If you get bored check out my build thread and you’ll get the history

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back