First time poster

sal16cal1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys

I started my love for saltwater fish 5 months ago and the learning experience has been steep. I don’t know what I would of done without this forums.

I have a question. I woke up this morning to see some spots on my fox face fins. I treated with prazipro but it could easily be ich.
Fish are eating only thing different I’ve seen is darting and maybe some shaking of the head. I haven’t had much luck with fresh water dips.
D7019C6C-C7C1-44D6-A35E-DE4611667C6A.jpeg

OP
OP
S

sal16cal1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys

I started my love for saltwater fish 5 months ago and the learning experience has been steep. I don’t know what I would of done without this forums.

I have a question. I woke up this morning to see some spots on my fox face fins. I treated with prazipro but it could easily be ich.
Fish are eating only thing different I’ve seen is darting and maybe some shaking of the head. I haven’t had much luck with fresh water dips.
I know there is a different sub forum for these questions I apologize

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

That isn't black ich, but it is difficult to see exactly what it is. The spots seems too large to be ich (but sometimes the focus of the picture makes them look larger). We do need some background information:

How long ago did you treat with prazipro?
How long have you had the fish?
Any other fish showing spots?
Are the spots just on that one fin, or are they on the other fin also?
What other fish are in this tank?

Jay

OP
OP
S

sal16cal1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they’re like blotchy spots. But the fox also has a couple black spots. Basically the tank was stable I had the fox for a month. I bought a naso tang and put him in the tank without qt I knew I was playing with fire. After that I noticed some scratches marks on him. Today I woke up and both the naso and fox have white “spots” on their front fins. I just added the prazipro. All the other fish look perfect. The other fish are blue spotted puffer naso small dwarf lion Niger tang.
FD3C988F-2A61-4AFA-A2A5-2B716441B9F8.png

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they’re like blotchy spots. But the fox also has a couple black spots. Basically the tank was stable I had the fox for a month. I bought a naso tang and put him in the tank without qt I knew I was playing with fire. After that I noticed some scratches marks on him. Today I woke up and both the naso and fox have white “spots” on their front fins. I just added the prazipro. All the other fish look perfect. The other fish are blue spotted puffer naso small dwarf lion Niger tang.
FD3C988F-2A61-4AFA-A2A5-2B716441B9F8.png

Prazipro needs to be dosed twice, 8 days apart (not 4 days like their instructions say). It also does not provide immediate relief, so I would give it a couple of days to see if it helps.

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi guys

The spots have an appearance of stings (hyper-melanization) and the fins hard to confirm but does not appear to be lympho. The white dots on glass makes it hard to clearly see the fins clearly.
Any anemones or euphyllia coral in the tank ?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back