Fish advice and recommendations

poke555mon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 60 gallon cube tank. I’ve got a sump under that’s got water flowing through it’s maybe 30 gallonsbut it’s not 100% done yet so I’ve also got a hang on filter for now. This is my first tank that I’ve set up at home. I have a B.S. in Marine Biology but that doesn’t mean I know any of the hobby stuff.
PS if anyone hiring for that let me know lol

I was going to get 2 clowns today but I’m looking for some recommendations to add to my tank down the line after that.
I live about an hour and a half away from the nearest aquarium store so consider that.

I’m wanting a sail fin tang but I’m not sure.
8C3004CC-6F2C-4518-90F8-59CB740E2611.jpeg

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sailfin tangs get very big quickly so your tank might be a bit to small for one.

I have one and it was tiny about a year ago. Now it’s not!

Reefer of Oz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo yo poke555mon, welcome!
You came to the right place for advice. The crew here at R2R has a deep and wide knowledge base, keep asking questions. Do your research and take it slow. As a new aquarist myself, there is little advice or recommendations I can give beyond that. Enjoy the new hobby. Your education should give you a better place to start than some of us!

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Welcome to R2R!! Definitely a good place for a hobbyist who has questions. I agree with others...sailfin might be a bit of a stretch.what do you think about tomini tangs? They are one of the smallest of the tangs and by all reports don’t need as much swim space due to their habits.

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Where did you go for your marine biology degree? I’ve been thinking about maybe go for mine!! Hehe. As far as the sailfin is concerned if you have pretty immediate plans to get the 60 going and soon after that upgrade again I’d say go for it!!! Amazing fish but they can grow rapidly lol.
B3C94D5C-34FB-4878-A751-30EF371A9E88.gif

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back