OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 500 gallons sit for 4 months in the garage with no issues. I keep a large simplicity pump in it and it is always on. It sits directly in the middle of the container and has a pipe attached to put the water outlet about 1' from the surface. This keeps the water moving and does provide some air exchange. The container is also mostly sealed with only a small vent on one side and that vent has a carbon filter pad zip tied to it lol.

Also, if you every have an emergency, I can load 150 gallons up and be at your house in 1.5 hours max lol.

That's awesome! I really appreciate it.

I will go ahead and set the barrel up too just in case. This will allow about an 80 gallon water change right off the bat should I need to and then wait for the big change to arrive.

:)

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome! I really appreciate it.

I will go ahead and set the barrel up too just in case. This will allow about an 80 gallon water change right off the bat should I need to and then wait for the big change to arrive.

Not a problem and I know you would do the same for me. This is how we roll down south. Straight gansta and got our homies backs.

gangsta GIF

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First coat of blue!

firstcoatblue.jpg

Got it on everything but the brick wall. Since we know we will need a third gallon, we might paint it a different color anyway. Yes, we keep changing our mind.

Tomorrow is the second coat and then move everything against the walls when it dries and start building the desk!

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First coat of blue!

firstcoatblue.jpg

Got it on everything but the brick wall. Since we know we will need a third gallon, we might paint it a different color anyway. Yes, we keep changing our mind.

Tomorrow is the second coat and then move everything against the walls when it dries and start building the desk!
Looking good

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. Going gray on the brick. Picking it up in a little bit.

should have the painting done today or tomorrow morning. Eithe way, the stuff is getting moved out of the center of the room tomorrow.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The brick is completely done. It really does look nice next to the blue. I will take a pic when it's dry.

Unfortunately, it had to be done with a brush almost entirely. It took over 3 hours to do a 14 foot wall with a 9 foot ceiling. :(

I will get the second coat of blue on in the morning and be done. The boss said no more today. ;)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention I had my neuro follow up yesterday. He said it’s miraculous the recovery I have had. He is actually going to let me go a year without another scan. :)

However, I am still not supposed to get on a step stool or ladder higher than 3 feet and am limited to 40 pounds lifting. But other than that I can go back to normal activity.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts, prayers and positive energy. I really appreciate it.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back on it this morning. Already got one of the long walls cut in and rolled.

And took a shot of the gray wall. It looks great after drying:

graybrick.jpg

Will be done by lunch and remove the masking tape and put in the rest of the outlets (if I can find them lol)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might have missed it but curious if back up or stand by generator is in plans or was incorporated somehow?

I have 4 UPS and I am planning on a whole house generator.

I hadn't posted the plan, because I couldn't decide.

Until I can pay cash for the whole house version, I have a honda 3kw generator that will run both freezers and the tanks if need be.

NeedAReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 UPS and I am planning on a whole house generator.

I hadn't posted the plan, because I couldn't decide.

Until I can pay cash for the whole house version, I have a honda 3kw generator that will run both freezers and the tanks if need be.
Whole house genie great idea. Paying cash for it makes you genius.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The room is cleaned out basically. The big step is the 12 foot is on the stand and in place!

12onstand.jpg

This is Ryan acting a fool. He's about 5'10" for reference:

ryanand12.jpg

We decided that this week, I will touch up the paint on the stand, plumb it to a temporary sump and fill it up so it can be cycling the dead rock I have in a tub.

There will finally be water in the fish room!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son just said "Dad, what's this box over here?"

It is the air compressor line kit that was supposed to be run in the walls BEFORE the insulation went in! DOH!

Guess they will be surface mounted now. UGH!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son just said "Dad, what's this box over here?"

It is the air compressor line kit that was supposed to be run in the walls BEFORE the insulation went in! DOH!

Guess they will be surface mounted now. UGH!
How much do you need to run in the walls, footage wise? I have some bits and drill attachments for running cable (armored fiber) that may work for ya.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much do you need to run in the walls, footage wise? I have some bits and drill attachments for running cable (armored fiber) that may work for ya.

The problem is the top beam on the one wall. No way to drill it from the top.

I am just going to surface mount it. It won't look too bad, honestly. The other one I was going to run, I will just change where I was going to put it and run it through the attic to the outside.

I appreciate it buddy.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back