Fish compatibility

Grebex11

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2020
Messages
19
Reaction score
9
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I have a 14g nano that has had just an Ocellaris clown in it for months. I am looking to add one more fish but I think this guy is pretty territorial. I've never had a fish bite my hand so much when I put it in the tank. I am looking to add a bicolor blenny or a yellow clown goby. Curious if one of these would be able to hold it's ground better than the other? I know the clown goby is tiny but I've heard they can hold their own among larger fish.

I was initially wanting to add a pygmy hawkfish or a pink streaked wrasse but I can't find them anywhere after waiting for months and asking many different LFS in Chicago.

Thanks!
 
Hey all,

I have a 14g nano that has had just an Ocellaris clown in it for months. I am looking to add one more fish but I think this guy is pretty territorial. I've never had a fish bite my hand so much when I put it in the tank. I am looking to add a bicolor blenny or a yellow clown goby. Curious if one of these would be able to hold it's ground better than the other? I know the clown goby is tiny but I've heard they can hold their own among larger fish.

I was initially wanting to add a pygmy hawkfish or a pink streaked wrasse but I can't find them anywhere after waiting for months and asking many different LFS in Chicago.

Thanks!
Isolate it in either an acclimation box or dump for 2 weeks and add new fish in the mean time
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new