Fish recommendations

Taby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for fish recommendations for my 30 gallon nuvo ext. Its plumbed to a 23 gallon sump. Currently have a pair of clowns and a clown goby

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Utilitarian fish are underrated so I would highly suggest looking through a list. Aiptasia Filefish, Algae blenny, ect are not always the most beautiful of fish but can help your reef thrive.

Reverend Turtle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Though too small for a tang, at least long term, there are some dwarf angels that might work.
Cherub angels, stay small and have great personalities. They also like to eat algae. If you'd like something flashier a flame back angel would be similar, though they can be a little more aggressive.
Flasher and some of the smaller fairy wrasses would add some nice color and motion to the tank.
Most blennies and gobies are good choices.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cherub angel!!! Cutie pics!
9F36C3A0-1B4F-4B0B-841B-902D1889BC3F.jpeg
F71C37C1-30B3-4F58-B6D9-66D2B165B022.jpeg

OP
OP
Taby

Taby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys for the suggestions. I'm looking into the different fish you recommend to see of them all which can coexist with each other

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some smaller, peaceful species which would go well with your current inhabitants, and which due to their size can make the tank seem bigger than it is:
Pink Streak ("Cryptic") Wrasse or Tanaka Pygmy Wrasse or Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse
(Be a little leary of sixline wrasses, as they can decide to own a part of the tank)
Red Headed Goby
Green Banded Goby
Neon Yellow or Blue Line Goby
Red Striped ("Trimma") Goby (love this guy!)
Royal Gramma
or Firefish: Purple or Red, take your pick
or Orchid Dottyback (Don't confuse this with purple dotty backs which can be real ***'s)
White spotted Pygmy Filefish (different)
Yellow Headed Jawfish (If you have a tight cover and several inches of medium grain substrate)
Green Chromis
Either Pajama or Bengai Cardinalfish

If you are going for slightly larger fish, then I second the long nose hawkfish (or Flame/Scarlet Hawk, love the coloration).

Last edited:

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good list directly above I will add the
helfrichi firefish
Scissortail dartfish
Yellow watchman goby
to this list of possibles

And if you decide on the Orchid Dottyback the post above is absolutely correct make sure it's not purple dottyback also known as Magenta Dottyback they really are *****s

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back