Fish swimming weird

Robert DeWolfe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Earlier this week I lost my coral beauty. Now my strawberry pseudo chromis is showing almost identical symptoms. I’m starting to think they have a type of disease. Can anybody help me, and what should I do to keep my other fish from this. Also my fish isn’t normally in a glass, I just put him in there to see better, and yes he’s still alive. 1862C8A2-336C-4BE4-B8EA-1C1AF45E1CE8.jpeg 92C4F822-9602-4211-B9C1-E719CB53B40E.jpeg 4B63C079-6C88-4790-9E4F-FFDD54104745.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0195.MP4
    18.4 MB

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need much more info. Tank volume, water parameters, when last thing in, disease symptoms. Without much to go by, toxins, O2 depreciation, infectious. Pending on those: carbon, water change, air stone, If tank has been stable and no recent additions, infectious ?Flukes? . Did you freshwater dip the deceased? Please keep in mind that this is still diagnostic. I can’t really see skin or fins well. Any spots any erosions?

OP
OP
R

Robert DeWolfe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure of my parameters because my test kit is inaccurate but all my corals look healthy. I haven’t added any new fish in about a month and my newest fish was the strawberry Pseudochromis. Although I got a bunch of new coral about 2 weeks ago. I have not quarantined any of my fish and no fw dips. The strawberry Pseudochromis appears to now be dead. Now all I have in my tank is my cuc, 1 clownfish, 1 yellow watchmen goby, and a cleaner shrimp. My coral beauty that past earlier this week past away had similar symptoms. I’m not sure if I know what you mean by erosions but before my fish died it looked like scales were coming off. As for my filter I have the aqua clear 50 in my 36 gallon tank. The tank is about 5-6 months old. My last water change was Wednesday. Both of my deceased fish didn’t show symptoms until the day of death ( symptoms being swimming weird almost like it was half paralyzed.)

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if you have 2 fatalities odds are that death will continue among the fish. Common killers are ich, velvet that cause dots or dusting. That I could not see, but it’s hard to judge in a glass. Brook is a possibility. Else flukes.
If you are unable to get a hospital tank and go fallow:
treatable is flukes with Prazipro.
Ich can sometimes be managed and UV sterilizer my help.
Outside of this, it’s hospital tank for infectious agents.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hard to see through a drinking glass but in one pic i do see what looks like dots and may indicate ich as you can count the dots.
Has the fish displayed rapid breathing, itching and scratching on objects, loss of appetite and even swimming in path of water flow ?

OP
OP
R

Robert DeWolfe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t noticed lack of appetite or scratching. But I was told my coral beauty was underweight. My strawberry pseudo chromis was breathing weird during its last few hours before death. I have an extra tank that I’ll setup for the rest of my fish for a while. Do you want me to do fw dip with the dead fish anyway. Is there a medicine that I could use as a preventative for my clown and yellow watchmen goby. Should I put cuc in quarantine tank while going fallow also? Sorry I’m new to this hobby and don’t fully understand everything yet.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back