Fixing glass panel in tank

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2018
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
475
Location
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon reef ready tank that I am upgrading to a 125 gallon. I have been looking at video and etc. I am going to replace a glass panel in the 75 gallon tank. Where can I go for the glass? Lowes home Depot?
 
I would go to a glass or window store if I was doing it. You would want the glass to be tempered for safety (unless you plan to drill it) and I believe Lowe's and HD only sell non-tempered glass. Good luck, and document your progress here for others who are thinking of doing the same!
 
Typical big box stores won't carry the glass needed. All they have is window grade which is way too thin.
 
1) it’s not just “replacing a panel” it’s “rebuild the entire tank.” New silicone does not seal to old properly and replacing just on pane will likely cause leaks down the road.
2) Why are you replacing the panel?
3) if the 75 is cracked, it’s probably going to be cheaper buying another one used than replacing the one panel. Heck I have two 75G in a storage unit that I can’t seem to sell. Someone out there is probably getting rid of one right now.
 
1) it’s not just “replacing a panel” it’s “rebuild the entire tank.” New silicone does not seal to old properly and replacing just on pane will likely cause leaks down the road.
2) Why are you replacing the panel?
3) if the 75 is cracked, it’s probably going to be cheaper buying another one used than replacing the one panel. Heck I have two 75G in a storage unit that I can’t seem to sell. Someone out there is probably getting rid of one right now.
While true resealing a tank is relatively straight forward. It's not like the Chinese making red sea, waterbox, etc all have PhD's.
 
While true resealing a tank is relatively straight forward. It's not like the Chinese making red sea, waterbox, etc all have PhD's.
Yeah, I’ve worked with folks who have PhDs......Wouldn’t trust them with a screwdriver......:cool:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new