Flame Angel Treatment

Jahalu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, back in the hobby after several years. First new fish, a Flame Angel, is starting to not look so good, I’ve had the fish in QT for about 3 weeks. Has been eating and looked good. But today I’m noticing one fin not moving much. I took him out for a closer look. I don’t see much, but there is the beginning of maybe some whitish haze near the mouth. Also, seems maybe paler overall. Maybe Velvet? What is the best treatment considering angels are sensitive to copper? Thanks.

A7ADCF88-ABE2-46A0-9E86-81004455E41D.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So, back in the hobby after several years. First new fish, a Flame Angel, is starting to not look so good, I’ve had the fish in QT for about 3 weeks. Has been eating and looked good. But today I’m noticing one fin not moving much. I took him out for a closer look. I don’t see much, but there is the beginning of maybe some whitish haze near the mouth. Also, seems maybe paler overall. Maybe Velvet? What is the best treatment considering angels are sensitive to copper? Thanks.

The picture angle makes it difficult to see what the body may show as far as dots or velvet. I see shredded fins and spines from dorsal

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Is the angel breathing fast?
Is it still eating?
Copper power or coppersafe are safe for angelfish if dosed accurately.
Jay

OP
OP
Jahalu

Jahalu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a clown with him and I think the fins may be from some fighting earlier. They are separated now. The fish is still eating. You can see the whitish spot between the eye and mouth. I will try one of the copper meds recommended.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 50 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back