Flasher wrasses-suggestions on combinations to keep together

  • Thread starter Thread starter slojmn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2009
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
485
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, I am interested in getting 4-5 flasher wrasses for my tank. I thought about 2 pairs so the males will flash a lot for their ladies...but wondered if I can get 4-5 different males and get them to flash each other. I had a filamented and he never flashed. If I do decide to go the pair route where is the best place to get a pair?? What pairs would get along best? What 4-5 types would get along okay? Currently the only wrasse in the tank is a leopard wrasse.
 
Hi All, I am interested in getting 4-5 flasher wrasses for my tank. I thought about 2 pairs so the males will flash a lot for their ladies...but wondered if I can get 4-5 different males and get them to flash each other. I had a filamented and he never flashed. If I do decide to go the pair route where is the best place to get a pair?? What pairs would get along best? What 4-5 types would get along okay? Currently the only wrasse in the tank is a leopard wrasse.
how big is the tank?

if big enough, I'll go with a few males but add them all at the same time. some of the more common ones are below. you should be alright with them as long as the tank is big enough and you find different size males. I currently have 3 Yellow fins, 1 McKoskers, 3 Filamented, and 1 Attenuatus. you can see a vid of my tank with all of the wrasses swimming around on my signature. :)

- Line Spot
- Blue Flasher
- Mc Kosker's
- Carpenter's
- Yellow fin
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new