OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I done my homework on replacing my diodes in my black boxes. Why replace them? I have found that they do degrade over the years and require upping the intensity over time.

The majority of the diodes have been running non stop since October 2016 without any burning out. Not bad in my book.

So here's the run down:

55 diodes per unit x's three units is 165 diodes. Cost is relatively cheap at $65 dollars for all 165 diodes. Much of the spectrums are sold in larger quantities than I need, so there is more than 165 that will be order.

Diode run down per box:

Spectrum / Number needed
20000k 4
14000k 14
3500k 2
660nm 2
520nm 2
490nm 4
450nm 20
420nm 5
395nm 2

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acan babies!

DSC_0135.JPG

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That acan is so pretty. I want to get at least 1 acan for my tank.

Its hard to get a good picture of it. Just noticed more babies!

DSC_0149.JPG

During my tank reset, I'm getting more.

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! This is an Amazing looking tank! That Montipora is spectacular!

Thank you, but I think it’s a mess right now. Birds nest is out of control, so is my German blue digitata. Like weeds right now. The red montipora cap is a favorite, but man it’s growing very fast!

The candy canes are cuckoo as well. I had to take the large colony out recently do to a majano anemone smack dab in the center to remove it. The colony is half a basketball size and is heavy. The others will be sold to gain real estate in the tank.

Brown palythoa is a problem on the upper right side and those rocks will be removed and frags will be placed on the new rocks.

Green torches are 11 heads strong and need fragging.

I can grow coral, but need to clear out some for new.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, but I think it’s a mess right now. Birds nest is out of control, so is my German blue digitata. Like weeds right now. The red montipora cap is a favorite, but man it’s growing very fast!

The candy canes are cuckoo as well. I had to take the large colony out recently do to a majano anemone smack dab in the center to remove it. The colony is half a basketball size and is heavy. The others will be sold to gain real estate in the tank.

Brown palythoa is a problem on the upper right side and those rocks will be removed and frags will be placed on the new rocks.

Luxury problems .....!!! :p:D

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D

Don't say it like it's a bad thing! What a terrible problem to have. I'm convinced I need to go hunt down some Montipora for mine.

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luxury problems .....!!! :p:D

Yes it is. Jason, I started some of these as little frags as “testers” and next thing I get diagnosed with my heart problems and the tank went on auto pilot. So over a year of growth and out of control happens.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is. Jason, I started some of these as little frags as “testers” and next thing I get diagnosed with my heart problems and the tank went on auto pilot. So over a year of growth and out of control happens.
I had the same just over a year ago when I had my heart attack...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back