Flippers reef 125 gallon

Saturday photo dump:

3AE7FA9E-669C-469A-8A64-89B1F9B15349.jpeg


7E4DA5E5-8051-4152-9DBB-AE9565C6DD3C.jpeg


DA0592ED-BAFF-4952-89C3-DEAE2A9622EC.jpeg


CD9510FB-A530-4688-B9CB-1DE125922024.jpeg
 
Hi there

looking great! Been following on and off for a couple years and have been catching up.

I recently moved into a
New place and my fishroom area has concrete foundation on two sides.
Have you noticed any ill effects with not painting your foundation walls behind the sump, and would you do it differently if you had to restart? Thanks

I’m wondering if the effort of drylok treating my walls is worth it

DD23D98D-F23C-49C3-8462-BFEFD607ED5E.jpeg
 
Hi there

looking great! Been following on and off for a couple years and have been catching up.

I recently moved into a
New place and my fishroom area has concrete foundation on two sides.
Have you noticed any ill effects with not painting your foundation walls behind the sump, and would you do it differently if you had to restart? Thanks

I’m wondering if the effort of drylok treating my walls is worth it

DD23D98D-F23C-49C3-8462-BFEFD607ED5E.jpeg
Just so you know. Flippers4pups is not nearly as active here as he used to be. He has left the Reef Squad and has started out on a new venture related to the aquarium reefing hobby.
 
I guess I need to give a update on me and what I’ve been up to.

In 2021, I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy and cardiovascular disease. I’ve had two open-heart surgeries and currently have a LVAD keeping me alive. I’m on the heart transplant list.

When I became sick, I was too sick to maintain the reef and I sold all of what I had.

Would I return to reef keeping after I get better? I highly doubt I would. There’s your update. I’ll come on the forum every once in awhile.

Don
 
I guess I need to give a update on me and what I’ve been up to.

In 2021, I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy and cardiovascular disease. I’ve had two open-heart surgeries and currently have a LVAD keeping me alive. I’m on the heart transplant list.

When I became sick, I was too sick to maintain the reef and I sold all of what I had.

Would I return to reef keeping after I get better? I highly doubt I would. There’s your update. I’ll come on the forum every once in awhile.

Don
Hey Don, great to see you on here, man. Praying right now for your heart transplant and health. Hope things get better for you soon.
 
I guess I need to give a update on me and what I’ve been up to.

In 2021, I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy and cardiovascular disease. I’ve had two open-heart surgeries and currently have a LVAD keeping me alive. I’m on the heart transplant list.

When I became sick, I was too sick to maintain the reef and I sold all of what I had.

Would I return to reef keeping after I get better? I highly doubt I would. There’s your update. I’ll come on the forum every once in awhile.

Don
I’ve always read your posts and have learned a lot from them. I appreciate your contributions to this hobby and I hope you are doing well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new