Floating or bottom rocks

yanni

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2021
Messages
644
Reaction score
358
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!!

so I recently bought a tank! My first ever reef tank! I’ve got a question regarding aquascaping for my aquarium, and whether I should go with floating rockscape or a bottom rockscape.

I’m curious as to the pros and cons of each, and how each one will affect my tank?

Here’s the tank for reference: https://www.redseafish.com/aquarium-systems/max-aquarium-systems/max-nano/

I’ll be stocking my tank with two clowns, and eventually a nem and some SPS down the line.

anyone’s personal opinions, experiences, and knowledge is welcome! Just looking for some advice!
 
Don't know what you mean by 'floating rocks'?
 
Sorry, floating as in I fix a bracket to the back of the tank, and make the rock appear to “float” as it rests on the bracket.
I’m sure the floating type will look great but may limit the amount of rock you can use. I’ve got my massive lump sat on some plastic discs to allow flow underneath.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new