Flow Sensors - Usage and Example setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Support@GHLUSA @Vinny@GHLUSA
Marco, Vinny,
I have followed these instructions, have a flow sensor controlling a RD100, and it works very well.
But, how do I get it to react to a feed pause? It can't be set up in a Stream Group because in the 1-10V control window, it's set to Constant 1. How do I have it reduce to MIN (20%) during a feed pause?
Thanks for your help.

I suppose you can do it if you use a maintenance tab instead for feed pause.

Sincerely Lasse

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose you can do it if you use a maintenance tab instead for feed pause.

Sincerely Lasse
Lasse,
Thanks for the reply. That's my current work around, but I need all 4 of the maintenance modes for other thinks. One being that maintenance mode 4 set up in case there is a power outage.
I'm hoping in the next firmware this is addressed along with a few other enhancements.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We need a PL function for 1-10 V too. The 1-10 V regulation have been more important today with a lot of manageable DC pumps - as an example if my top uf function fail - i maybe want my return pump to run in a lower speed in order to prevent the pump to running dry

Sincerely Lasse

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We need a PL function for 1-10 V too. The 1-10 V regulation have been more important today with a lot of manageable DC pumps - as an example if my top uf function fail - i maybe want my return pump to run in a lower speed in order to prevent the pump to running dry

Sincerely Lasse
Lasse, I inquired about this a few months back.
Along the same lines, if for any reason the flow meter sees a reduction in flow, a PL would be able to slow down or shut off a skimmer to prevent overflow, or turn off a UV to prevent it from operating without sufficient water flow.
That would make setting up a feed or maintenance mode super easy.
Also like you stated, if my low sump sensor determines the sump is low, say due to a ATO failure, the return pump would slow down, not off, which would keep water flowing thru the sump and tank but at a reduced rate. As a plus, since the flow is reduced, it would trip a low flow alarm for notification.

goldo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahojte mam k vam jednu prozbu .Kupil som si flow senzor 9000 l/h.Moja otazka znie možem senzor napojit tesne od vytlacneho čerpadla ale vertikalne? Vytlacne cerpadlo mam od znacky Jecod 4000.Je mozne potom nastavit senzorcez 1-10V interfaces a kontrolovat aj cerpadlo ? Pripadne ak mi vie niekto poradit odladne celeho nastavenia.Dakujem velmi pekne za kazdu radu.

Google Translation from Slovak to English:

Hi, I have one request for you, I bought a flow sensor 9000 l / h. My question is can I connect the sensor close to the displacement pump but vertically? I have a print pump from the Jecod 4000 brand. Is it then possible to set the sensor from 1-10V interfaces and also check the pump? Possibly if someone can advise me on the whole setting. Thank you very much for any advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

TigerReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Danny24 below are my flow rates
3984 L/h on the return
2034 l/h to the Reefgium
1756 l/h through my reactor

@mckinleyw - Yes only 4
@Ditto @Lasse Hi again! Tonight's task: working on installing 2 flow sensors. #1 is on my return line and #2 is on my manifold line to feed my Pax Bellum.
IMG_2600.jpg

I have both sensor ends connected to a GHL PL-LY splitter connected to the Level 1/2 (purple) P4. I activated both Level 1 and 2 in GCC and I can see the sensor level indicators but there is no flow value.
IMG_2597.PNG
IMG_2598.PNG
IMG_2596.PNG

What I am missing?

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto @Lasse Hi again! Tonight's task: working on installing 2 flow sensors. #1 is on my return line and #2 is on my manifold line to feed my Pax Bellum.
IMG_2600.jpg

I have both sensor ends connected to a GHL PL-LY splitter connected to the Level 1/2 (purple) P4. I activated both Level 1 and 2 in GCC and I can see the sensor level indicators but there is no flow value.
IMG_2597.PNG
IMG_2598.PNG
IMG_2596.PNG

What I am missing?
Maybe connected on wrong port?

TigerReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @Gaël! Not the wrong port, but assigned the wrong ‘level’ ports in GCC! Existing ATO is #1 and Flow sensors at #2 and #3! Brilliant! Thank you so much!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back