Fluval Evo 13.5 Livestock

JustinTanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
So I’ve recently lost a couple beautiful fish due to jumping out of an IM mesh lid and since then I’ve resolved the issue. I currently have one pretty lonely gladiator clown and a cleaner shrimp, with a handful of CUC. I had a mocha clown paired with my gladiator clown and I added a red firefish the week after my clowns were in. Now that both of them are no longer around, I’m wondering what livestock I could add to maybe change it up a little. I’m going to add another clown, a little smaller than my female and maybe a different “designer” variety than the mocha. I was wondering what other fish I could add, maybe one or two. My firefish was wonderful but it only came out to feed then disappeared. I’d like a fish or two that move around more, maybe more lively like my cleaner shrimp. I do run a protein skimmer that works really well and I do a 20% water change every week. This is a mainly LPS, softie, rfa dominated tank. Any ideas or suggestions are very much appreciated! :)

JayA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a yellow flametail blenny (not the bicolor) and another clown. Dare I say a damsel of some sort and another clown.

OP
OP
JustinTanks

JustinTanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bicolor blenny but it was so skittish that it never came out to eat or do anything so I had to bring it back to the LFS before it starved itself. I love the look of damsels but worried about aggression in such a small tank.

JayA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bicolor blenny but it was so skittish that it never came out to eat or do anything so I had to bring it back to the LFS before it starved itself. I love the look of damsels but worried about aggression in such a small tank.
I agree regarding the bicolor. NOT the bicolor but rather the yellow flametail, he is a lot more bold. I think the more peaceful damsels could work...

OP
OP
JustinTanks

JustinTanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree regarding the bicolor. NOT the bicolor but rather the yellow flametail, he is a lot more bold. I think the more peaceful damsels could work...
I’ll have to look into the yellow flametail then! & there’s a peaceful damsel breed? Guess I’m still too new to know this haha

JayA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I mean is MORE peaceful, not peaceful. Look at Talbot's, Lemon, Yellowtail, Rolland's. I am thinking in a small tank you need something that can stand up to the clowns. I think the yellow flametail blenny can have some attitude also, so could work IMO. I had a yellow flametail that I had to return to LFS bc he would not let anyone in the tank after him. (it was a 20 gallon). I really enjoyed him before I started trying to add a few last fish. Wish I got him last...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back