Fluval Flex Owners - Experience, Mods, Advice

Guzman333

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me if the honeycomb trim around the rim of the tank is toxic or not? I scraped it off with a razor blade but little particles are floating along the top now.

KonradTO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me if the honeycomb trim around the rim of the tank is toxic or not? I scraped it off with a razor blade but little particles are floating along the top now.
Well toxic I don't think so but I would try to take it out. You can use some paper towel sheet, let it float for 1 second and take it out, it should trap everything on the surface. Repeat few times you should be able to remove the floating stuff. Otherwise just use a jug..

EpisodeMnH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta bump this thread lol, anybody in here running Radions on this tank? I want to upgrade lighting (I’m currently running double Marine 3.0s.) and I’m thinking I’m gonna just go all the way and do either 2 G6 XR15s, or a single G6 XR30. Problem is I’m wondering if the RMS arm mounts fit on this tank. Hanging mounts are not an option for me.

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta bump this thread lol, anybody in here running Radions on this tank? I want to upgrade lighting (I’m currently running double Marine 3.0s.) and I’m thinking I’m gonna just go all the way and do either 2 G6 XR15s, or a single G6 XR30. Problem is I’m wondering if the RMS arm mounts fit on this tank. Hanging mounts are not an option for me.
The rms mount will work. If you run a single xr30 you will block up your center chamber a little bit. If you run 2 xr15s you block up your two side chambers and have to remove the lights every time you clean the filters. You are better off running the lines from the sides with the rail across the top

EpisodeMnH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rms mount will work. If you run a single xr30 you will block up your center chamber a little bit. If you run 2 xr15s you block up your two side chambers and have to remove the lights every time you clean the filters. You are better off running the lines from the sides with the rail across the top
I’m not sure what you mean by “rail across the top”, do you have any pictures? I know what you mean by lights on the side, I would just mount them on the side walls instead of the back, but they’re gooseneck style mounts from what I’ve seen, so I’m not sure what rail you’re referring to.

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure what you mean by “rail across the top”, do you have any pictures? I know what you mean by lights on the side, I would just mount them on the side walls instead of the back, but they’re gooseneck style mounts from what I’ve seen, so I’m not sure what rail you’re referring to.
G5_Multi_RMS_1.png

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am glad I found this thread. I set up the 32.5 flex a few months ago and I am generally happy with it, but the hood has been a concern of mine. I’ve also been a bit concerned as to whether I have my lights set correctly.

based on this thread, I’ve looked into the media baskets and that is definitely a better mousetrap than the ones supplied.

as to the hood, I am considering a 4” spacer, fabricated from black pvc sheets. I intend to add numerous small ventilation holes to the back panel.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up selling the flex and equipment that I didnt upgrade with to a dad and his daughter so it doesn't bother me anymore :grinning-squinting-face: Saw someone on a page say they heated theirs up and shaped it back but I would be really worried about snapping or melting something personally - clearview makes nice lids

Nman

Coast Line
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up selling the flex and equipment that I didnt upgrade with to a dad and his daughter so it doesn't bother me anymore :grinning-squinting-face: Saw someone on a page say they heated theirs up and shaped it back but I would be really worried about snapping or melting something personally - clearview makes nice lids
Good little tank it’s classed as a fresh water tank works as a small nano but lights are not up to it . There seems to be plenty of flow from the pump and you would have room for a small protein skimmer in the back chamber

NeedAReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got rid of my lid and put a piece of eggcrate on the top with an ai prime on it and use the first chamber with some rubble. Makes an awesome hospital.

mrreo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fluval ps1 protein skimmer microbubbles any one have any upgrades that need no mods this skimmer blows

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back