Fluval Reef LED 2.0 Schedule?

Buckwilds

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 60g display tank with a bunch of softies/euphyllia and a few sps. My tank is relatively new (had a 36 since april that got upgraded to the 60 in July because of a leak) and I'm not sure how long I should have my whites/blues on and for what intensity. I have quite a bit of hair algae right now that I'm trying to fight with no phosphates (according to an api kit) and moderate nitrates-10-20ppm. I was wondering if the lighting was on too long and allowing the algae to thrive, I just recently got a sump that I had someone custom build me so hopefully the nitrates will really come down soon since I was running a canister before this. The light is using the brackets to rest on top of the tank instead of being suspended like I see a lot of other tanks. Does anyone have a recommendation for me that has used this light? (Or should I post a couple of screenshots when I get home of my current schedule for people to take a look and tell me what to tweak?)

Zero Nitrates

I love chalices
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump.

I don't have experience with that light but 6 hours white and 12 hours blue might be a starting point then adjust from there. You can also buy or borrow a PAR meter and set the PAR in the middle of the tank at 150ish.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back