FRESHWATER HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Alenya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks like hexamita - you need to treat him with metro ASAP. I linked info on how to do so. It is a recoverable situation.

However what did you inject him with??? You can’t dose him without knowing what you are putting into his body. If you don’t know your friend needs to tell you.

MadeForThat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears the OP threw in the towel, hopefully the fish gets the care it needs, or else the OP will have hopefully learned a few things so he can treat the next issue promptly.

Alenya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears the OP threw in the towel, hopefully the fish gets the care it needs, or else the OP will have hopefully learned a few things so he can treat the next issue promptly.
I hope not. Flowerhorns are wonderful and intelligent fish that deserve good care.

4B74F509-A323-47A4-BEFD-0B88460B2EBE.jpeg

OP
OP
Noob_Sam

Noob_Sam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. Well it wasn't my fault the fricking store gave me a sick fish with soo many inner parasites and fungus etc. So I returned it to him and I had to argue with him for like 40 min until he accepted to give me $100 of store credit. So i lost 100 bucks smh

Last edited by a moderator:

MadeForThat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. Well it wasn't my fault the fricking store gave me a sick fish with soo many inner parasites and fungus etc. So I returned it to him and I had to argue with him for like 40 min until he accepted to give me $100 of store credit. So i lost 100 bucks smh
Sorry OP I didn't mean any disrespect to how you tried to treat this fish. You put in more effort than most would have, and actually gave it a chance. At the end of the day you have to watch out for your money too. While you couuuulld go to the local animal shelter and start buying meds and surgeries for all kinds of animals, at some point it just isn't a fight that you are obligated to fight. Sarah Mclachlan can advertise all she wants, but it's your decision if you want to sacrifice/risk your money on the animals. Again don't feel like you let the fish down. You gave it far more help than it sounds like it would have gotten if it had just stayed at the store from the beginning.

Last edited by a moderator:

MadeForThat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my only follow up would be to make sure your other fish did not get these parasites from the flowerhorn. I would med them as if they did contract them.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back