Frogfish

Frogfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all... My name is Steve, and I am an addict! :)

I have two reef tanks.

My 125 is a full mixed reef that is my baby! (ok actually not as my 2 year old twins are, but you get the idea). I have 3x175W metal halides with 2 x 140W VHO actinics. The sump is a 55 gallon with a fuge area. I do not run a skimmer on this tank.

The fish are a Powder Blue tang, Sailfin Tang, Yellow Eye Kohl, fairy basslet and 2 percs.

I keep mainly LPS but have a few SPS and some softies. By accident I find myself with a number of chalise corals so it seems like I found the right place to chat with people. I also have some acans, blast, duncans, anchor and others. My favorite is my neon green Trumpet. This thing radiats green!

My 110 is a 4 foot tank that is deep. It really is too deep for me to do much with, especially maintenance. I got it cheap as a used tank and originally set it up as a fish only tank. After a couple of years, I decided I wanted to put some coral in it, so upgraded to T4 lights. They do ok, but the tank is deep so corals at the bottom don't get much light.

The fish in this tank are 4 x yellowtail damsels and 5 x Bartlett Anthias. I really like the anthias. They have even brought the damsels out more. The yellow anthias contrast well with the blue damsels.

The corals are a mish mash, whatever I don't want to put in the 125, or can get cheap. I have some red shrooms, big frogspawn, green chalise, gorgonian, couple of trumpets and a pagoda cup.

I need to take some more pictures, and when I do I will post them. Hopefully in the next couple of days.

OP
OP
Frogfish

Frogfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, Frogfish comes from scuba diving. We have been divers for almost 10 years. Our favorite fish is the Frogfish. They are so ugly they are cute!

My avatar is a frogfish we saw while diving at Bonaire. It is a picture that I took.

roshi719

Official fish poo remover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have definitely found your new home. We really should change the name of this site to chalice addicts anonymous! LOL where's Rev when you need him?

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

BTW, Frogfish comes from scuba diving. We have been divers for almost 10 years. Our favorite fish is the Frogfish. They are so ugly they are cute!

My avatar is a frogfish we saw while diving at Bonaire. It is a picture that I took.
Always great to run into a fellow reefer-diver!

I luuuuv Bonaire :still_dreaming:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back