From start, to now!

greenbleedin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna post up my progression from start to now. It changes pretty frequently bc I'm obsessed with this hobby, always moving rock around, selling corals, buying new ones..but I promise I'll include new pics on a regular basis. I'll also be doing my 180g build here around April :D

On with the pics as I'm sure that's what most of you want to see anyway lol. Just ask if you have any questions.

And it begins! I was such a noob then haha
YuXWN.jpg

My first build was this 55g, man I got hooked so fast in this hobby.
u7sEA.jpg

This is basically the way my 55g ended before upgrading to the 75g
NFPQU.jpg

Right after 75g was set up
8rJUd.jpg

Always moving stuff around!
3W2pE.jpg

These star polyps I bought a frag the size of a quarter. Growing like crazyy!
wgTqP.jpg

Frogspawn which as also grown like crazy!
dpwsP.jpg

Side View!
Agruu.jpg

Other Side Atinics
ivm7L.jpg

Brain Hosted my one Clown
zmKUF.jpg

Actinic's
Rawin.jpg

My cat does this several hours a day
9pHim.jpg

Several hours later..
7IYvL.jpg

Another Side View
nlZRE.jpg

Latest Pic
mfGRy.jpg

Here is a pretty recent video of my tank..sorry about the backround noise! Enjoy, let me know what you think..[glow=red,2,300]also I have two corals I don't know what they are.. they were given to me as gifts, maybe you guys could help me identify them?[/glow] First is all the way to the right towards the top..kinda looks like a candy cane coral, green outside with orange in the middle.def a sps coral i'm sure. The other is right around my big yellow leather to the right. Round Blue and purple Coral? Thanks all!

My 75g reef tank, enjoy!! - YouTube
[video=youtube;iTFD8KIssro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTFD8KIssro[/video]​

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank man! This hobby is crazy addicting...but that's how you know you are in the right place.

The star polyps look sweet! And what's that red stalk/white tentacle euphyllia looking guy on the left side of the tank?

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks amazing! You've done a great job!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good job buddy!

wysiwyg

marine predator man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great tank my advice would be to isolate those gsp on your bed or they will take over everytthing

Squishie89

Glub Glub
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And what's that red stalk/white tentacle euphyllia looking guy on the left side of the tank?
I believe that is a condy anemone. -http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+499+619&pcatid=619

Green- I am SO jealous of your cubicus boxfish! I would love to have one, or a longhorn cowfish one day. Not your yellow tang, but your other tang doesn't look too good, but he seems to be acting well.

OP
OP
greenbleedin

greenbleedin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank man! This hobby is crazy addicting...but that's how you know you are in the right place.

The star polyps look sweet! And what's that red stalk/white tentacle euphyllia looking guy on the left side of the tank?
Thanks Pkunk! Yea they are growing like crazy! I love it :) As someone said below, it is a Condy Anemone :)

Looks amazing! You've done a great job!!
Thanks revsgirl :)

Good job buddy!
Thanks rev!

great tank my advice would be to isolate those gsp on your bed or they will take over everytthing
Thanks wysiwyg, funny you say that, I had them up so high to have them grow faster, I'll be rearranging my aquascaping very soon, they will then be on the bottom. Its crazy how fast they grow!

I believe that is a condy anemone. -http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+499+619&pcatid=619

Green- I am SO jealous of your cubicus boxfish! I would love to have one, or a longhorn cowfish one day. Not your yellow tang, but your other tang doesn't look too good, but he seems to be acting well.
Squishie u are right, it is a condy anemone :) Haha, yea well he actually just died yesterday for no apparent reason. The place I got him from is a really awesome guy...he didn't understand it either..he has one more there, he told me to stop in today to pick it up..so wish me luck, fingers crossed. They are awesome fish!

OP
OP
greenbleedin

greenbleedin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also squishie which tang are you talking about? They are all healthy as can be! If your talking about the gray one (Naso Tang) I just picked him up this past Sunday..if your wondering about the white spots on him, they are his baby spots..they will go away as he gets older

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 180 72.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back