fuge with gfo

strange33w

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2012
Messages
677
Reaction score
383
Location
Sanford
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting ready to set up my new tank soon and just wondering would a fuge be beneficial/ necessary if I am running a GFO reactor. The main display will be around 165 gallons with a 30 gallon sump and planning on around a 30 gallon fuge. Thanks for the input.
 
Kinda depends on how your tank is stocked and your feeding habits. I don't think that a refugium is necessary, but definitely beneficial for several different reasons.
 
can you do a bigger sump?
fuge is never a negative thing. grow algae to export nutrients, safe haven for pods and such to grow and multiply without fish predation.
 
I have both. I run a half dose of GFO 24/7/365 as a preventive measure. Both nitrates and phosphates are undetectable on Salifert kits.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new