galaxea coral frustration

asingleton527

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2020
Messages
12
Reaction score
21
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased this rather large (softball sized) galaxea coral nearly 2 weeks ago. We got it straight from the LFS and it had not even been removed from the shipping bags. I've got it placed at the bottom of the tank in a medium flow area but it just does not seem happy to me, as I've yet to see any opening of it. Starting to really think that it's dead and I've got a skeleton in my tank, though my husband continues to tell me that he's read that some galaxeas can take up to a month to acclimate and open.

Photo taken last night under the blue lights...

105503335_304584194043912_5012656723260890095_n.jpg
 
Looks alive to me. You're going to want to make sure no other corals are within about 12-14" of that space though. These are probably the most aggressive corals I've experienced
 
Thank you for your reply. We have it in the farthest corner of the tank roughly a foot from our rock anemone and our BTA. I've yet to see any action from it, so my impatience has been starting to wonder about it. I've been feeding all of our corals with reef roids hoping to see some results with the galaxea.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new