Gen 5 Radion XR30 Turning on at wrong time

HorribleParameters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, hoping somebody can help here because this ain’t cool.

My schedule for my lights starts at 10:30AM. My lights were fully on at 6:30. So who knows at what point they turned on. This has happened before and by laziness or luck, they went back to normal schedule.

Today I tried a factory reset and now the light won’t connect to möbius. The buttons on the light itself are amber now. Something funky is going on and I’d love input/help. Thank you!
IMG_5752.png
IMG_5753.jpeg

RoanokeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your first issue was probably Mobius lost its time (known issue). You can fix that buy clicking the gear and going into the time menu and syncing it. Now your second issue is you factory reset the lights, you will have to delete it from Mobius and readd it like it was new from the box.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta love high end lights with a crappy app. Its the reason I will no longer buy any ecotech gear. I can not delete a device. I have to delete the entire tank to remove a piece of equipment. It gets even better for me because I can't delete a tank with Mobius on Android so I have to keep an old iOS device on hand just for that. The time sync problem has been going on since the beginning and has never been fixed.

OP
OP
HorribleParameters

HorribleParameters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your first issue was probably Mobius lost its time (known issue). You can fix that buy clicking the gear and going into the time menu and syncing it. Now your second issue is you factory reset the lights, you will have to delete it from Mobius and readd it like it was new from the box
Awesome, but not awesome. Thank you for the help! I’ll try it when I get home from work.

OP
OP
HorribleParameters

HorribleParameters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta love high end lights with a crappy app. It’s the reason I will no longer buy any ecotech gear. I can not delete a device. I have to delete the entire tank to remove a piece of equipment. It gets even better for me because I can't delete a tank with Mobius on Android so I have to keep an old iOS device on hand just for that. The time sync problem has been going on since the beginning and has never been fixed.
I’ve been happy with the coral growing and appearance of the light, but the app and the errors of the light are incredibly frustrating for the price. Luckily I got the XR30 and Mount for $400 on FB marketplace. Otherwise I’d be absolutely incensed.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back