Generic Clarisea filter roll options

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!

When I was at my LFS to pick up some supplies I noticed that they now sell some sort of non-branded replacement rolls for the clarisea (for the same price as the genuine product no less).

That made me remember seeing a post about some guy buying this stuff from Amazon or eBay at vastly cheaper prices, unfortunately I can’t find that thread.
If I remember correctly the roll was twice the width and he cut it in half.
Anyone who knows what I’m talking about?

I can find some generic stuff on the Swedish version of Amazon but only for the SK-3000 whereas I have the 5000 version.

kilnakorr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember reading a few diy threads when considering a roller filter.
Here is few options:
Filter Media:
There are multiple options for filter media. Anything that can be used to make a filter sock will work. The most economical options are batting (approx. 200 micron), milk filter paper (approx. 35-50 micron), or coolant filter paper.

I'm getting the sk5000 version soon, so If I find anything useful I'll let you know

Zbryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!

When I was at my LFS to pick up some supplies I noticed that they now sell some sort of non-branded replacement rolls for the clarisea (for the same price as the genuine product no less).

That made me remember seeing a post about some guy buying this stuff from Amazon or eBay at vastly cheaper prices, unfortunately I can’t find that thread.

I can find some generic stuff on the Swedish version of Amazon but only for the SK-3000 whereas I have the 5000 version.
How much were they? Do you know how long the rolls were?

Zbryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a listing on eBay for some made from coolant filter paper. They're 50 yards long and $34 for 2. That's half the price of the xl rolls and they're slightly longer. I'm very tempted to try them.

kilnakorr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a listing on eBay for some made from coolant filter paper. They're 50 yards long and $34 for 2. That's half the price of the xl rolls and they're slightly longer. I'm very tempted to try them.
If you do, please take a screenshot of what you purchased, and let us know how you like them :)

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!

This might be the post/thread you are talking about. I just happened across it today.

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be the post/thread you are talking about. I just happened across it today.
That might be it! Unfortunately it’s not available in Sweden.
I have however found something on Amazon that just might work. Going to order one of these to try out:
4080DF8F-B3C3-48B2-977D-7D0CF5F13D10.png

023A0B37-BCEA-413F-99CA-4863EA5A0547.png

It’s a heck of a lot bigger than the Clarisea roll and it’s just 2x the price of a single roll, let’s just hope it works.

kilnakorr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That might be it! Unfortunately it’s not available in Sweden.
I have however found something on Amazon that just might work. Going to order one of these to try out:
4080DF8F-B3C3-48B2-977D-7D0CF5F13D10.png

023A0B37-BCEA-413F-99CA-4863EA5A0547.png

It’s a heck of a lot bigger than the Clarisea roll and it’s just 2x the price of a single roll, let’s just hope it works.
Let's hope it fits!
And keep us updated :)

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 122 58.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 36.2%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 62 30.0%
Back