Getting full coverage on algae scrubber screen

bevo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So...I just installed a Clearwater 100 on my display. It's powered by a sicca pump doing 350GPH.

I've got it pretty dang level, but the water is missing a solid chunk of the screen and no matter what I do as far as moving the spray bar or trying to re-level it...i can't get full coverage. A big part of the screen is getting zero water.

The water is shooting across so hard, I'm wondering if it's just too strong of a pump or something. But, that's the pump that was suggested.

I wrote them a note, but I couldn't attach a video - and I thought maybe it would help.

Anybody got any advice on this?

Thank you.

OP
OP
bevo5

bevo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So...I just installed a Clearwater 100 on my display. It's powered by a sicca pump doing 350GPH.

I've got it pretty dang level, but the water is missing a solid chunk of the screen and no matter what I do as far as moving the spray bar or trying to re-level it...i can't get full coverage. A big part of the screen is getting zero water.

The water is shooting across so hard, I'm wondering if it's just too strong of a pump or something. But, that's the pump that was suggested.

I wrote them a note, but I couldn't attach a video - and I thought maybe it would help.

Anybody got any advice on this?

Thank you.

Hmm - video might not work for people. Let me know!

MiniGbr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t get the video to play either, but my guess is installing some type of control valve/ball valve would help to reduce flow. I built my own scrubber, and don’t have much more than a trickle flowing over, otherwise it sprays way too much all over the place.

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water should just trickle down the screen. If its spraying out id turn the flow down. Even if the water stream doesnt cover the whole screen, once the algae grows in then the water coverage will even out. This is my clearwater every 2 weeks.
20200401_154953.jpg
20200401_155435.jpg

OP
OP
bevo5

bevo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey thanks y'all.

I wrote Clear Water and they were awesome enough to call me this morning to just chat through everything, which was super helpful and appreciated.

Seems like everything is set up OK and we'll see how it all goes. I guess the unit I got is a bit undersized for my tank, but I feel like no matter what it's going to do SOMETHING.

I gotta sort out a couple plumbing issues now. The drain pipe is right near my return pump, so I'm getting some microbubbles. I'm just gonna get a 45 degree elbow and run it to the other side of the sump, easy easy.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back