Giant Clove Polyp/Palm Tree Coral Showoff Thread

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2014
Messages
5,300
Reaction score
12,736
Location
Pensacola, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks! Let's see those giant clove polyps, the more mild mannered and less invasive member of the clove polyp group of corals!

Here is my current crop of giant clove polyps:

IMG_20170918_164910_948.jpg


I got these bad boys at MACNA this year. They have dark green "leaves" with a gold neon stripe running down the middle. I hope to get some Avatars soon to go along with them in my tank!

I like these clove polyps because the don't grow like weeds like those nasty blue clove polyps and they're much easier to trim and frag if they do start to grow somewhere they shouldn't!
 
Hey folks! Let's see those giant clove polyps, the more mild mannered and less invasive member of the clove polyp group of corals!

Here is my current crop of giant clove polyps:

IMG_20170918_164910_948.jpg


I got these bad boys at MACNA this year. They have dark green "leaves" with a gold neon stripe running down the middle. I hope to get some Avatars soon to go along with them in my tank!

I like these clove polyps because the don't grow like weeds like those nasty blue clove polyps and they're much easier to trim and frag if they do start to grow somewhere they shouldn't!

OOOHHHH that is awesome colors. I am going to have to come up there and frag that piece for my own:D
 
OOOHHHH that is awesome colors. I am going to have to come up there and frag that piece for my own:D
Give me a couple months! They have to multiply first!
 
Those are awesome colors, never seen those before. Here's a couple small ones
20170921_192153.jpg
Yours look great too! I kinda wish the stripe on mine went all the way to the center like yours but it doesn't bother me too much :)
 
I have these - how invasive are they?
They're not supposed to be as invasive as something like blue clove polyps but they still grow pretty fast. I'd put them at the same growth rate as fast growing zoas like Sunny D's.
 
That's a steel. Very nice.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new