gloves

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wiz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gloves in the aquarium or when handling corals?

  • always

    Votes: 13 15.1%
  • depends

    Votes: 28 32.6%
  • never

    Votes: 45 52.3%

  • Total voters
    86
i wear them for 2 reasons..the first is cause my skin on my hands peal from the saltwater and takes days to heal up. the second reason is cause i am alergic to super glue or any of the glue that is like super glue.

The water affects my hands the same way. Especially my cuticle areas, very painful.
 
I think I could name just a handful of times that I wore gloves and most of those times were when I had my carpal tunnel surgery. Wore gloves after the surgery only for a week or so. I would say the thing that bothered my skin the most has been a fire worm that my hand rubbed up against while working in one of my tanks a few years back. That was painful :squigglemouth: Other then that I've had BTAs, carpet nems and all sorts of corals and not one have I had any bad reaction to.

But I will say that I do wear PPE while fragging corals. Safety glasses, gloves, sometimes if necessary a face shield.

Cheers,
Alex
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new