Go big or go home

So excited that you are here!!! This is going to be one popular build thread.
 
I've been keeping fish off and on for about 30 years, 100 freshwater. As a ceramics major in college I once did a semester-long independent study in making custom ceramic aquarium interiors. Then I got into aquaponics and built a 55,000 gallon system with a wheelbarrow, a shovel, and 13 tons of pea gravel. Japanese style bridges, two docks... That was fun and worked out well, but I couldn't see the fish.

Now I want to put the two together and build a ~10K gallon round tank with a viewing window. And that's what brings me here. Not because I'm interested in saltwater or reef aquariums, but because everyone knows, the reef enthusiasts know tank building better than anyone. Thanks for letting me crash your party!
Welcome!

There is a guy on my local DFWMAS.org club also building at scale needing wheelbarrows n etc. Look forward to seeing your photos.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new