Goby & shrimp split up?

trapphd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overnight, it appears that my YWG and pistol shrimp may have separated. They normally occupy a burrow (and tunnels, of course) in the left side of the tank. This morning, though, the Goby seems a bit out of sorts and there is a new pile of sand under a cave of rockwork on the right side of the tank. I haven’t seen the shrimp yet (or heard the clicking) but suspect he has somehow relocated. Is that unusual? I figured his poor eyesight and bond with the YWG would’ve kept him from straying.

OP
OP
trapphd

trapphd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: the YWG found his buddy! Somehow, the shrimp had indeed moved to the right rock formation and is busy excavating with his trusty watchman looking out. Honestly, it's a better outcome for them -- the cave is more protected and I don't have sandbed corals near it. The one interesting wrinkle is that my ocellaris pair enjoy hanging around it, so I will monitor for any territorial disputes.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happens. Although once mine found a perm place after a few months they never moved again. I didn't muck with rearranging tank that much. Mostly because they found a spot I could watch them from my chair. That's what finally locked my aquascape in for good. :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 78 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back