Good Morning!

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
may you never run out of want things to do.
I know I won't.
I am not worried about running out of things I want to do. I am worried about being able to do any of them.
I bought myself a beautiful motor cycle, a Victory bagger. I had been riding most of my life.
2021060714052604--4451430511590327444-56255077876__1448D7D5-DB94-4B58-A84D-A0FA5103F458-L.jpg

Before that I rode this
001a-M.jpg

My dad got sick and I took care of him and mom for a couple of years including washing and shaving him, food , grass cutting , Drs visits and whatever needed done. When that ended, I serviced the bike that had been sitting and went out on the rode. I couldn't ride it and didn't understand why. I fell over all the time.
My balance was gone. That was my first symptom. I know that know because hindsight is 20/20.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not worried about running out of things I want to do. I am worried about being able to do any of them.
I bought myself a beautiful motor cycle, a Victory bagger. I had been riding most of my life.
2021060714052604--4451430511590327444-56255077876__1448D7D5-DB94-4B58-A84D-A0FA5103F458-L.jpg

Before that I rode this
001a-M.jpg

My dad got sick and I took care of him and mom for a couple of years including washing and shaving him, food , grass cutting , Drs visits and whatever needed done. When that ended, I serviced the bike that had been sitting and went out on the rode. I couldn't ride it and didn't understand why. I fell over all the time.
My balance was gone. That was my first symptom. I know that know because hindsight is 20/20.
beautiful rides.
I quit riding in my teens, after multiple mishaps, one of which ended my dream of being a rock star guitarist.
that and the fact I lack the concentration. caught myself sightseeing what was right and left instead of what was in front of me.
side note: one day in Ned Detention.;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful rides.
I quit riding in my teens, after multiple mishaps, one of which ended my dream of being a rock star guitarist.
that and the fact I lack the concentration. caught myself sightseeing what was right and left instead of what was in front of me.
side note: one day in Ned Detention.;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
No one was ever in detention. It was just some humor. I though I made that clear.
I said in a thread that skill reduces the risk until it is acceptable. That is not just bunk I put on the internet to sound wise.
It's how I have lived my life.
P3170013-L.jpg

Jeanna has been twice the speed limit while riding with me. Yes her mother knows and we are still married.
She was with me when I fell over on the Victory several times. A bike will hold itself upright while moving. My problem was when pulling into parking lots and gas pumps and coming to a stop.

I wrecked once and spent 5 days in the hospital with broken ribs, bruised lung and bad road rash. I was coming home from seeing a chiropractor for a spinal adjustment. I never needed to see another one. Hitting the road at 50 mph gave me a permanent one. That was when Kirk was a baby so in 1986. I was on a Suzuki GS1100 L.
The windscreen came loose and bound up the steering in a corner. The bike flipped in the ditch and landed on me.
iu

I think I am a bit tired because I am rambling. The grass is mowed and the new shrubs are planted.
I had one of these too.
iu

Opened the baffles in the stock pipes with a pointy piece of rebar and a big hammer.
I re-jetted the 6 carbs. 0-60 in 3 seconds and sounded like a formula one car. Surprised a lot of sports car people
on that one. It was a rock compared to the CBR1100xx though. The Super Blackbird.

Last edited:

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one was ever in detention. It was just some humor. I though I made that clear.
I said in a thread that skill reduces the risk until it is acceptable. That is not just bunk I put on the internet to sound wise.
It's how I have lived my life.
P3170013-L.jpg

Jeanna has been twice the speed limit while riding with me. Yes her mother knows and we are still married.

I wrecked once and spent 5 days in the hospital with broken ribs, bruised lung and bad road rash. I was coming home from seeing a chiropractor for a spinal adjustment. I never needed to see another one. Hitting the road at 50 mph gave me a permanent one. That was when Kirk was a baby so in 1986. I was on a Suzuki GS1100 L.
The windscreen came loose and bound up the steering in a corner. The bike flipped in the ditch and landed on me.
iu

I think I am a bit tired because I am rambling. The grass is mowed and the new shrubs are planted.
don't you worry there chuckles. I share your style of humor. ;)
you go take a nap. I'm gonna break out the guitar and play Ramble On just for you.

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when my boys were preschool age, I took the rider's course but couldn't pass the license test ride.
even if i could concentrate and had enough coordination to ride i would have had to spend so much time getting comfortable riding that i would not have time for much else. meanwhile i am the proud owner of a 2001 heritage springer that has been sitting since 2016, it is to much bike to learn on.
funny how it is either all or nothing.
it just occurred to me that now that i am retired i have more time. and could afford a small bike to learn on.

IMG_1354.JPG

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when my boys were preschool age, I took the rider's course but couldn't pass the license test ride.
even if i could concentrate and had enough coordination to ride i would have had to spend so much time getting comfortable riding that i would not have time for much else. meanwhile i am the proud owner of a 2001 heritage springer that has been sitting since 2016, it is to much bike to learn on.
funny how it is either all or nothing.
it just occurred to me that now that i am retired i have more time. and could afford a small bike to learn on.

IMG_1354.JPG
I never took the test. At first I was grandfathered in but stopped riding after the crash for several years.
When I started again I took the motorcycle safety riders course. That is accepted here for your license test.
You also get an insurance discount usually. After the class you will have enough confidence to make short trips to a large local parking lot. Stay away from freeways and stop lights though. On the lot practice what you learned in the class on your bike. Counter steering, panic stops, brake control and shifting skills. I enjoyed the class greatly.
I hope they still have them
You do the class on school owned 125 and 250 class street legal bikes. There are lots of people that bought a Harley that never rode before and now don't know what to do with it. The dumb ones die.

I had a friend that bought a Triumph sport bike that was a skilled rider. He could not pass the course given by the state police. The turns were too sharp and he refused to drop the bike. I think he ended up taking the class like me.

Else you buy a used Honda Shadow 250 or a 200-300 cc dual sport and take it on that. They are very fun to ride except in heavy traffic where they are not fast enough.

Last edited:

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! I'm a little behind here. Maybe I'm too old to be "commuting" 2.5 hours each way for two days. Trips wore me out! I'm taking off next week to help the Nashville kids after our son goes back to work.

My work is going to be crazy all summer. I'm being "piled on" with a new project. It may be time to rethink retirement! I actually mentioned it to the boss last week...I threw out some options, such as going contractor in the fall. Time to focus on the grands....now 6 of them! ;Joyful

Have a great day!

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was scared for nothing. Louie was a perfect gentleman for the new vets yesterday. A very different experience from where the lady snatched him by the neck and he tried to kill them all at the old vet.

Next up is Zoe who has a broken tooth. Tomorrow at 2:30.

We are way behind on our animal wellness care but it took 4 hours to get in the old vet. Jill really hates new things and it took me forever to get her to go somewhere else.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I am in a do it or else situation.

Exercise and Parkinson’s​

Exercise is an important part of healthy living for everyone, but for people with Parkinson’s disease (PD), exercise is medicine! Physical activity has been shown to improve many PD symptoms, from balance and mobility issues to depression, constipation and even thinking skills.
In addition, research shows that exercise may have a protective effect on the brain, slowing the degeneration of brain cells. It is also an active way of coping with PD.

Some websites say it is more important than than the drugs.

So I will do it. Ya I got all that bad stuff listed up there plus some other ones.
AInt ready to quit. I have things I want to do.

wish my paternal grandfather had taken the exercise route. Maybe he would have had more time...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What do you call a typo on a headstone?
A grave mistake!

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and now to mess with big heavy things with electricity inside hung over a vat of conductive saltwater inside a fragile glass container.

I put new MH bulbs in a week or so ago and one is dead. I swapped the ballasts and the problem is the bulb or socket.

Grrrr

I can do it. I workout.

He-Ned and the Masters of the Reef Tanks
2021060808362173--6214970845788246607-IMG_3666_HEIC-L.jpg

Last edited:

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! I'm a little behind here. Maybe I'm too old to be "commuting" 2.5 hours each way for two days. Trips wore me out! I'm taking off next week to help the Nashville kids after our son goes back to work.

My work is going to be crazy all summer. I'm being "piled on" with a new project. It may be time to rethink retirement! I actually mentioned it to the boss last week...I threw out some options, such as going contractor in the fall. Time to focus on the grands....now 6 of them! ;Joyful

Have a great day!
so my wife's co-worker took a new title and a pay increase but is now whining about he doesn't have time to get his work done, (while playing on his I-phone giggling like a little girl (my wife's description).
there was a meeting yesterday with him, his boss ( the wife's old boss and they don't like each other) my wife's boss and my wife.
it was decided she would have to help him, while still maintaining her own work load. him and his boss just sat there smirking the whole time. (again, my wife's description)
it was decided by me when she got home that after 27 years there she no longer needs to be there.
told her to put in for retirement. roll her pension into one of those self directed ira thingies.
and find a new job.
who's smirking now suckers. :cool:

Back