Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update...
The S-400 is still doing good and we do have "new" Freaky kind :confused: of carpet anemone in the tank.
That's why we stopped the Vibrant.

nga0116.jpg

It's tentacles spreads out like tiny fingers (nets) and it catches Reef Roids and then it pulls the RR's to it mouth.

Still studying it and taking notes ;Writing as we go. So far it's still in great shape, but too soon to call ;Nailbiting

Have never seen an species like this an it's about 3.5" wide.

Tried it in sand, but it moved to the scape and has not moved ever since. To this point it likes low light :confused:

From what I understand, Julian Sprung has saw the species too, but no clear identification has been given.

Thanks for tagging along!!

Regards, GoVols
That is insane!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update...
The S-400 is still doing good and we do have "new" Freaky kind :confused: of carpet anemone in the tank.

nga0116.jpg

It's tentacles spreads out like tiny fingers (nets) and it catches Reef Roids and then it pulls the RR's to it mouth.

Still studying it and taking notes ;Writing as we go. So far it's still in great shape, but too soon to call ;Nailbiting

Tried it in sand, but it moved to the scape and has not moved ever since. To this point it likes low light :confused:

From what I understand, Julian Sprung has saw the species too, but no clear identification has been given.

Regards, GoVols
Interesting, like the colors:)

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update...

nga0116.jpg

Regards, GoVols
Beautiful carpet anemone Freddie, very nice. Stunning colours, you’ve not been air brushing or playing with lights again have you lol!

I’ve been looking at one in my LFS for a while, tempted, but in a very restrained sort of way having read up on them. Infact I look at it every time I go in. I want it, I need it.....

Now I don’t know anything about anemones, well other than my last one, know as the coral killer, which was forcibly removed, for killing my corals.

The only reason I haven’t got it is because the LFS says if a fish or anything else goes near it it will grab it and eat it! This sort of put me off a little with all my fishy friends.

He also showed me his arm which he had accidentally brushed against the carpet anemone a few days before and it was all swollen and inflamed and generally rather painful.

So my friend, I am going to be watching carefully how you get on with your new resident

I would just be careful when feeding, stroking or general petting of it and perhaps strap your feet to something just in case it takes hold! Maybe also do a head count! Lol.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful carpet anemone Freddie, very nice. Stunning colours, you’ve not been air brushing or playing with lights again have you lol!

I’ve been looking at one in my LFS for a while, tempted, but in a very restrained sort of way having read up on them. Infact I look at it every time I go in. I want it, I need it.....

Now I don’t know anything about anemones, well other than my last one, know as the coral killer, which was forcibly removed, for killing my corals.

The only reason I haven’t got it is because the LFS says if a fish or anything else goes near it it will grab it and eat it! This sort of put me off a little with all my fishy friends.

He also showed me his arm which he had accidentally brushed against the carpet anemone a few days before and it was all swollen and inflamed and generally rather painful.

So my friend, I am going to be watching carefully how you get on with your new resident

I would just be careful when feeding, stroking or general petting of it and perhaps strap your feet to something just in case it takes hold! Maybe also do a head count! Lol.
Shaun,
This carpet nem. sticks to you, but (lol) I can't feel the sting.

It's really different and not sure :confused: that I can keep it alive???

So I would not judge this carpet nem. ;Stop to any other carpets that can sting the bonkers out of you :eek:

I wanted the most beautiful Pizza carpet nem, that I've ever seen, but I was not going to pay the $$$

My colors started to fade just a tad and started dosing the Red Sea colors again, but only dosing about 1ml of each every couple of days. Colors seem better ;Wacky

Have you been doing good?

:)

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would like a carpet anemone myself. All anemone will stig and kill corals if the get big enough. I had that issue with my bubble tip when it split and both grew big and stung everything in about 30 cm area. I removed one and tore up the other one pretty bad, but it survived and is coming back.

From what I have read about carpet anemone is that they will eat your fish it they get close enough and also only certain clowns can host in them. I have maroons and that is not one of them.

And as Freddie @GoVols stated Big $$ her in the US.

Last edited:

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shaun,

Have you been doing good?

Yes all good here Freddie my friend, thank you for asking. Hope your ok and the family are doing well.

Last edited:

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like a carpet anemone myself. All anemone will stig and kill corals if the get big enough. I had that issue with my bubble tip when it split and both grew big and stung everything in about 30 cm area. I removed one and tore up the other one pretty bad, but it survived and is coming back.

From what I have read about carpet anemone is that they will eat your fish it they get close enough and also only certain clowns can host in them. I have maroons and that is not one of them.

And as Freddie @GoVols stated Big $$ her in the US.

I don’t actually know how much it is @jsker to be honest. It’s a green one and although I want to have it, I’m restrained in view of what the LFS told me. Infact they won’t sell me anything that might put me off going back because I spent that much ! Lol

I’ll have a sneak look at the price next time I go back just for interest.

I’ve tried to keep a peaceful tank and something that’s stings and eats the fish is possibly not part of a peaceful set up!

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t actually know how much it is @jsker to be honest. It’s a green one and although I want to have it, I’m restrained in view of what the LFS told me. Infact they won’t sell me anything that might put me off going back because I spent that much ! Lol

I’ll have a sneak look at the price next time I go back just for interest.

I’ve tried to keep a peaceful tank and something that’s stings and eats the fish is possibly not part of a peaceful set up!

That is a good local fish store!!

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well,
If you have read my build, on page #2:
I posted my father's 1950's custom corner and my dream custom that Oceanic Systems built for me in 1995.

Today was his and my birthday and if he were still alive he would be 98.
So we had a birthday party at my sister in laws.

Over the years, Angelia and myself have down sized and my mother in law has kept some of our possessions.

Well,
She framed this article and gave it to me for an birthday present, this afternoon.

It is my father with his tank in 1559, in his office at the hospital that he practiced at when they lived in Canada.
I was not born until 1966, but I have five other siblings.

IMG_20180415_180252.jpg
IMG_20180415_180450.jpg
IMG_20180415_180313.jpg

Well,
If you read the article it is about other people in the hobby at that time too.

I did black out my families name for the sake of privacy and if you read close enough...
My oldest brother and sister had to stand inside the tank while it filled up until the bottom sealed from the weight of the water. Pretty crazy ;Wacky, but it worked ;Woot ;Woot

Thanks for tagging and just felt like sharing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Birthday ! ! And ^^^ that is VERY cool ! ! !

And we are the same age, my birthday is May 10th :)
Fudsey,
Thank You!!!

(lol)
You were born in 66 too?

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the article what a cool memento! Happy birthday!
elisa,
When I opened the present (from my mother in law) it blew me away.
Lots of memories rushed back of him.
He was truly a brilliant Dr. and wonderful father.

Blessed to be born on his birthday and thank you so much!!

Freddie

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well,
If you have read my build, on page #2:
I posted my father's 1950's custom corner and my dream custom that Oceanic Systems built for me in 1995.

Today was his and my birthday and if he were still alive he would be 98.
So we had a birthday party at my sister in laws.

Over the years, Angelia and myself have down sized and my mother in law has kept some of our possessions.

Well,
She framed this article and gave it to me for an birthday present, this afternoon.

It is my father with his tank in 1559, in his office at the hospital that he practiced at when they lived in Canada.
I was not born until 1966, but I have five other siblings.

IMG_20180415_180252.jpg
IMG_20180415_180450.jpg
IMG_20180415_180313.jpg

Well,
If you read the article it is about other people in the hobby at that time too.

I did black out my families name for the sake of privacy and if you read close enough...
My oldest brother and sister had to stand inside the tank while it filled up until the bottom sealed from the weight of the water. Pretty crazy ;Wacky, but it worked ;Woot ;Woot

Thanks for tagging and just felt like sharing.

Happy Birthday Freddie!

What a lovely gift

Those are the sorts of gifts I treasure because money can’t buy that sort of thing, it’s priceless.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back