fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the really meaty corals like that can be irresistible sometimes to angels. But I bet she’ll lay off of it after a couple days of being used to it in the tank. It’d probably help to feed extra for a bit to keep her full and distracted!
Also I hope the blasto makes a speedy recovery!

I agree with you. it is only one angel and the coral is in a good size, I think it will leave it alone after few days.
I have noticed the same, most fleshy and brain-like corals are irresistible to Angels, with few exception like Blastos.

Balstos are Hardy and Hope it will recover soon

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have seen my new trachy, I have a lot of faith in my flame angel! ;)
As above, hopefully just a blip, especially if it is grazing well. :)
Simon,
Nothing can beat your Trachy ;Singing ;Singing ;Singing

:)

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the really meaty corals like that can be irresistible sometimes to angels. But I bet she’ll lay off of it after a couple days of being used to it in the tank. It’d probably help to feed extra for a bit to keep her full and distracted!
Also I hope the blasto makes a speedy recovery!

Those pics look amazing! I hope the wilsoni and angel get along, that's a coral we've been wanting to try for a long time.

I agree with you. it is only one angel and the coral is in a good size, I think it will leave it alone after few days.
I have noticed the same, most fleshy and brain-like corals are irresistible to Angels, with few exception like Blastos.

Balstos are Hardy and Hope it will recover soon
To all the Guys and our favorite Gal,

Thanks for all of your support on the blasto and I have not thrown in the towel on it, at this time.

On the Wilsoni:
Some of the Regal's attention to that coral seems to have calmed down for the moment and the Wilsoni has started to open up and puff out.

DSC,
I used to be successful with Scoly's, and if :confused: the Regal lays off ;Stop, then I'll let you know how the Wilsoni does long term.
Seems like these Wilsoni's can be touch and go too. They only come from one area in Australia that has lower temps. So I did lower the Teco TK1000 settings on Tuesday night.

@HolisticBear
FWIW:
You were right!!
I mixed a new batch of IO last Sunday evening. Just checked the alk and it has dropped from 10.5 to 9.5 ;Woot ;Woot
No wonder it has not knocked off the cal reactor settings :D

elisa h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To all the Guys and our favorite Gal,

Thanks for all of your support on the blasto and I have not thrown in the towel on it, at this time.

On the Wilsoni:
Some of the Regal's attention to that coral seems to have calmed down for the moment and the Wilsoni has started to open up and puff out.

DSC,
I used to be successful with Scoly's, and if :confused: the Regal lays off ;Stop, then I'll let you know how the Wilsoni does long term.
Seems like these Wilsoni's can be touch and go too. They only come from one area in Australia that has lower temps. So I did lower the Teco TK1000 settings on Tuesday night.

@HolisticBear
FWIW:
You were right!!
I mixed a new batch of IO last Sunday evening. Just checked the alk and it has dropped from 10.5 to 9.5 ;Woot ;Woot
No wonder it has not knocked off the cal reactor settings :D

Thanks for making me smile [emoji4]. Also I’m glad the regal angel has decided to be a team player for the time being!

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for making me smile [emoji4]. Also I’m glad the regal angel has decided to be a team player for the time being!
You put smiles :) on all our faces!!

We'll just see ;Wideyed if the Regal stays laid back :confused:

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tumblr_o6mmfz1tcu1spule3o1_r1_500.gif

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for some updates...

Well,
I thought the Regal had laid off the Wilsoni, but I was wrong on that one. It does not nip on it during the day, but it does when the lights first come on. So, the Wilsoni does not puff out, like it did when I first put it in the reef.

At some point will try a shroom and see how the Regal does with that, but for right now, stopped the Vibrant and focusing on the blasto's healing.

We have added critters and I've seen one aiptasia, but that would be expected. Not going to worry over it and when the time comes, we'll call in the nudi's.

The IO mix is doing great with the reef and the cal reactor staying imbalance.
Just dosing up the cal with Seachem "Reef Advantage" cal powder, while dosing 1ml of the Red Sea colors.

Overall:
The S-400 is doing great and have truly been blessed.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@hybridazn
I would like you and "others" input.

Right now, I run my RO/DI straight off the kitchen sink and get just over 50 psi.

I already want to get a booster pump and may go piggy back with two RO membranes.

The laundry room is about an 20' run to the kitchen sink.

If I tap the main water line in the laundry room / mount the unit in there / let the waste water go down the washing machines discharge hole:

Will I lose a lot of output from the 20' run to the kitchen sink to my 5 gallon jugs?

(lol)
I need the kitchen sink in case a jug overflows.

Thanks, Freddie

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@hybridazn

Right now, I run my RO/DI straight off the kitchen sink and get just over 50 psi.

I already want to get a booster pump and may go piggy back with two RO membranes.

If I tap the main water line in the laundry room / mount the unit in there / let the waste water go down the washing machines discharge hole:

Will I lose a lot of output from the 20' run to the kitchen sink to my 5 gallon jugs?

(lol)

Thanks, Freddie

You could put the jug in a brute or other large container. Set your phone timer too. Saves me every time.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure where the original post is, but when I moved to SC from Ohio I went from 85psi to 40 psi.

I ended up buying a booster buddy and a dual membrane. I absolutely love it!

Also my TDS in is now 35-45 vs 180-200.

If you have any questions about it please let me know!

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@hybridazn

(lol)

Thanks, Freddie

No that length of run shouldn't affect much. Could you install a float valve in the bucket so it shuts off and won't overfill?

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Real nice Thanks for the inspiration !
Cracker,
Thanks for the compliment and it means a lot.

Have you tried going Bare Bottom?

Freddie

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could put the jug in a brute or other large container. Set your phone timer too. Saves me every time.

I agree with the phone timer. I doubt the 20' would pose a problem either though.

Not sure where the original post is, but when I moved to SC from Ohio I went from 85psi to 40 psi.

I ended up buying a booster buddy and a dual membrane. I absolutely love it!

Also my TDS in is now 35-45 vs 180-200.

If you have any questions about it please let me know!

No that length of run shouldn't affect much. Could you install a float valve in the bucket so it shuts off and won't overfill?

Thanks your input and I think it will be okay too.

@hybridazn @mta_morrow

When you guys went with the double RO membrane did it just save water or does it increase the output flow too?

Freddie

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to go look at a post I did reviewing them both.

I don’t recall the numbers off the top of my head but I believe I measured 3:2 good water vs waste.

I will go look for the post

Well worth the money in my opinion.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back