Green Star Polyp Placement

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if GSP would peel off of the coralline?

Whatever coralline it might grow over it kills (and eats, for all I know). So when you peel the GSP away, whatever's between it and the glass comes with it.

Ecvernon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I let it grow in my back wall. It grows anywhere you can glue. it's getting about 3 or 400 par.
20180306_133938.jpg

Jeanette.iacovone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I now have a HUGE colony of the purple star polops that has taken over much of all my rock I still have in that tank . Another fast grower are Xenia .Now saying that , these two different type of coral have over taken other nice frags I had . I'm glad I run more than one tank . It's growing up the back glass now since this picture.I'm going to need to
Hi, I would be interested in some of the polyps you are going to trim as well as the xenia. Can you give me some details? Are they pulsing xenia and the colors if you are interested in getting rid of them to someone who would care for them. :)

Jeanette.iacovone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I propped a rock with GSP between a larger base rock and the back wall. When the GSP grew up onto the glass, I cut the rock loose and removed it. :);) Unfortunately some did also get onto the base rock, and while I wouldn't say I'm alarmed about, I do keep my eye on it, and one time wacked it back a bit when I didn't like the direction it was headed. :mad: It is quite pretty, like a wavy green wall carpet, but in my case it's partially hidden behind lots of other stuff, and I also keep it pruned as described. I have seen pictures of people's tanks whose entire back walls were overtaken with it, and while attractive, that is not for me.

IMG_4667b.jpg
Wow.....goegeous tank!!!! Holy cow

sponge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I would be interested in some of the polyps you are going to trim as well as the xenia. Can you give me some details? Are they pulsing xenia and the colors if you are interested in getting rid of them to someone who would care for them. :)

Sorry , I no longer am keeping Xenia .They were pulsing . It is a easy piece of coral for me to come across .I would put it back in another tank with other softies;that is when I set up another tank .I want a Lion fish,so a softie and poison tank is in my future.

I love to share my over growth with others . I reside in New York,so unless you are kind of nearby ;your in luck .Otherwise ,sorry I do not ship

Luis M.R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I let it grow in my back wall. It grows anywhere you can glue. it's getting about 3 or 400 par.
20180306_133938.jpg
That looks beautiful and also nice variety of fish. You plan to cover the whole back wall?...and does it require much maintenance once it's glued to the wall? Thanks in advance :D!

Ecvernon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks beautiful and also nice variety of fish. You plan to cover the whole back wall?...and does it require much maintenance once it's glued to the wall? Thanks in advance :D!
The plan was to let it cover whole back wall. It has been slow to do so because my tank has a eurobrace and there is significant shading from that and my canopy. Once it's glued no maintenance is required. The only maintenance I have to perform is taking a razor blade near the overflow teeth as it could block water flow when it grows in that area.

Luis M.R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plan was to let it cover whole back wall. It has been slow to do so because my tank has a eurobrace and there is significant shading from that and my canopy. Once it's glued no maintenance is required. The only maintenance I have to perform is taking a razor blade near the overflow teeth as it could block water flow when it grows in that area.
Ok I understand. It gives the tank such a natural view, I really liked it. I hope you can cover the whole back wall and upload some pictures so that I can see. Thanks for answering :D

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 80 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.0%

Back