Greetings + Build Thread Dry Run

RWReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wish you best of Luck then, sounds like you know what you doing! I have being watching market forum here for a while, and I just feel bad for people ordering apex, echotech lights, mp40's for their new builds, just to shut down system and post it for sale here for half price. literally with-in 2 years of making a build
It's great for those of us new/getting back into the hobby though :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Beautiful setting for your tank. Your purchases look very well thought out and any of your (potential?) light choices would work. I think it comes down to pricing and visual appeal between the setups you envision.

I run two AI Prime 16HDs and a Blade Grow over a 100 gallon and I must say I really do like the Blades as a fill light. I will probably add a second one later on.

Any update on your light choice or purchases?

Attachments

• R2R-Welcome3.jpg
    R2R-Welcome3.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
W

WhiteBeltReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Beautiful setting for your tank. Your purchases look very well thought out and any of your (potential?) light choices would work. I think it comes down to pricing and visual appeal between the setups you envision.

I run two AI Prime 16HDs and a Blade Grow over a 100 gallon and I must say I really do like the Blades as a fill light. I will probably add a second one later on.

Any update on your light choice or purchases?
A few updates. I’m pretty sure I’m going to go with a Maxspect Jump 10K for my return pump instead of the EcoTech.

Lighting is still the major head scratcher. I was considering 3 XR15 Pros, but I’m not sure if that would be enough PAR. I don’t want to buy more lighting than I need just to run the lights at <50%. A slick look would be 4 AI blades which would be more expensive than the Radions. I was thinking 39” and not 48”. I’m assuming the 4.5 inches on the ends would have little coral and still get enough light for LPS or softies. Any opinions on choices and length of blades?

OP
OP
W

WhiteBeltReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, most of the equipment is ordered now... Here's how it ended up:

Already Purchased:
7 stage BRS RO/DI Filter + Hanna checkers for Nitrate & Phosphate + Other test kits
Cade 1200 S2/P (Peninsula)
EcoTech M2
Apex Controller
Ozotech Ozone Generator
Maxspect AD600 Skimmer
2x XR30’s

Upcoming Purchases
Maxspect Gyre XF350 Cloud x 2
ATO

Not to mention dry rock, salt, supplies, glass cleaners, etc. The UPS people will likely cuss me out next week.

OP
OP
W

WhiteBeltReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The build thread is now up.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back