Greetings from Orlando, Florida!

Living Reef Orlando

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi! Welcome to R2R!

We are local in Orlando - come visit and we will take care of ya!

Sport Dancing GIF

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi everyone! I'm brand new to the hobby and recently took advantage of WWC's sale to get started. I've been doing research for several weeks and could tell I'm going to be absolutely hooked with my soon to be mixed reef tank. I've read multiple forum posts and figured I'd document my journey too. My Waterbox Marine x 110.4 (Black Cabinet) should arrive sometime in July. I bought a Waterbox Peninsula Mini 15 in the mean time to get myself acclimated with the fundamentals of maintaining a saltwater tank (with the intention of converting it to a quarantine tank in the coming months). I purchased the following equipment:

Tank: Waterbox Marine x 110.4 (Black Cabinet)
Lights: 2x EchoTech Marine Radion XR15 G5 Blue
Light Mount: 2x Echotech Marine RMS XR15
Wave Maker: 2x EchoTech Marine Vortech MP10W QD
Return Pump: Vectra M2 2100 gph
RODI Unit: BRS 4 Stage Value Plus 75GPD
Heater: Aquatop Pre-set 50 watt; I wanted to see how I liked this one in the 15 gallon before getting heaters for the main tank. Please provide any recommendations you may have!

Brightwell Microbacter7
Brightwell Neomarine 50G Salt Mix
Flipper & Aquablade scrapers
NLS Tropical Sinking Pellets Fish Food
Marco Rocks Dry Rock (not completely sold on this yet; I was leaning towards live rock but the salesmen convinced me to go the dry rock route). I plan to buy and cycle rocks in a Brut to get ready for the larger tank. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts and experience with dry vs live rock.

All-in-all, I'm really drawn to the classic "beginner" fish and soft corals. I'm excited to embark on this new hobby and look forward to being part of the community.

I'll provide updates as things progress.

Thanks all!
Welcome! You said you bought a bunch of corals at the sale recently. Have you checked to make sure your tank is cycled?

OP
OP
DocPalmer

DocPalmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! You said you bought a bunch of corals at the sale recently. Have you checked to make sure your tank is cycled?
Hello - no I didn’t buy any type of livestock. Strictly equipment. I started cycling the nano yesterday (fishless cycle) and will be sure to test my water several times in the coming weeks to make sure it’s ready.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello - no I didn’t buy any type of livestock. Strictly equipment. I started cycling the nano yesterday (fishless cycle) and will be sure to test my water several times in the coming weeks to make sure it’s ready.
Awesome! Good luck on the adventure.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back