Grow out contest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Another thing is, can we choose from what light source it comes from like on the site?

Unfortunately not this time

The colony was grown under led and all the frags are also under led now as well. These frags will adapt to whatever lighting they are put under quite well though either way.

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Unfortunately not this time

The colony was grown under led and all the frags are also under led now as well. These frags will adapt to whatever lighting they are put under quite well though either way.
Care to divulge what LED setting and PAR you use for this colony????? :)

drblakjak55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ok. Been in the happy little island of Aruba. A great place to collect very porous, light dead coral. Anyway. Very excited to see this project start. No hints to participants as to your parameters, lights, etc. Everybody does their own thing and see what does what. Best way to pay? Can text me 2039621102. Jon from CT.

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated List
bubbaque
Clownman727
rlman41299
Chac317
alten78
tcup25
Leahfiish
Da Ghost
pilot108
Ergodyne
smiley28
RUNVS
MTBake
vertigo01
ewelch
ptpablo
jamesgaines
newbreefer316
TonapahNorth
Mykesocalreef
stylaster
Dabbin_with_reefs
kdino
SaltySteve
aarbutina
Crimsonvice
ksfulk
Zaven D
Zack Klabunde
drawman
drblakjak55
jason.kennedy.98478
esparza41577
jerrad
Waalker
Shameless_Dood
Swayne_07
wopadobop
domination2580
aandfsoccr04

On Standby
MccReefer
justingraham
Jeff Heinle
drblakjak55
SWSooner
d_adler
Josh Kraft
Chitown tom
Codym808
Tautog
Tphill

To pay please pm @Battlecorals.

Rules (reposted)

Entry cost: $80
Break down: $25 for the frag, $45 for shipping, $10 for the prize pool. Winner will receive a battle box of appropriate value ($400 if there are 40 entries). The value will be shared before the start of contest. The judges will be @leahfiish, @Clownman727, and @Battlecorals. Judging will be based on overall growth.

The contest will begin when you submit your first photo. The first photo must be taken within 3 days of receiving your coral. The coral for the contest will be Vivid's Rainbow Acropora. All photos submitted must have a ruler beside the coral to measure growth. One photo must be submitted each calender month. Ideally towards the end of the month but if you think you will be busy you can submit early. You can miss one photo without penalty, life happens and we understand, but you cannot miss the final month. Two or more missed photos will result in a disqualification. After the end of the 6th month a winner will be determined and prizes will be distributed.

Frags can be moved off of the original plug.

The point of the contest is for everyone to have fun. Please be respectful of other participants, any negative or disruptive posts are highly discouraged. Anyone found to have cheated in any way will be disqualified from the contest.

Please do not enter the contest if you don't plan to stick with it for the full 6 months. It's okay if you're new to sps or contests (I am too!), as long as you give it your best shot and try to participate. We don't want people entering just to get the cheap frag with no intentions of continuing with the contest entries.

There will be a seperate thread created for entries and discussion to keep everything organized.

We are aiming to start shipping the first week of January to have all the frags shipped within the 1-2 weeks so everyone will start at the same time.

Updated judging criteria guidelines:
Judging will be based on overall growth, with an emphasis on height and branching. However if two corals are similar in the first two categories, then encrusting will be the tiebreaker.

BootyPup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I would be able to participate in this, I will be following along however.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey Guys in sorry for any confusion, or lack of info on my part on taking payment.

Please feel free to shoot me a PM right here on R2R, I can take your info then and invoice you through Paypal or email if that's better. You can use any card that way.

For records purpose, I've sent out 22 invoices so far.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back