GSP Dead?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KJones90s
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KJones90s

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 13, 2019
Messages
334
Reaction score
172
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My GSP has been closed for more than a week.
Is something wrong? My levels are fine, it doesn’t look like it’s melting and my green polyp coral seems just fine. [emoji53]

8c93c4462dc554521bd10cd0f7b5662c.jpg
31a9f6438741f419136a792712288fca.jpg
d67e4b719c361007fe7a4235fca61e74.jpg
 
Tank looks pretty new (white rocks and sand), have you tested your water?

"Fine" isn't really a test result.... Results matter.

Yea I’ve done tests recently.
In the most recent ones I’ve done I had 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and a nitrate level of less than 10ppm. Calcium was in the low 500’s and I don’t remember anything else as I’m not home at the moment.
 
Yea I’ve done tests recently.
In the most recent ones I’ve done I had 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and a nitrate level of less than 10ppm. Calcium was in the low 500’s and I don’t remember anything else as I’m not home at the moment.

Tank is about 3-4 months old.
All fish seem healthy, nice population of copepods.
 
If it isn't disintrigating then it isn't dead yet...just mad. They can be moody.
 
Mine would do that from time to time. They always opened back up, till I got tired of their invasion. :-)
 
Update:
Definitely died.
Started growing white mold.
Trashed it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new