Guidance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last triton ICP was in October, and I have another test on Its way as I write this. I run the Triton Method, and I'm dosing at 1.2ML per day of each liquid in my Reefer 425XL. However, I could use some advice about how to raise my Calcium, Magnesium and Nitrates in the meantime. I believe there is some way to increase calcium by dosing more of one solution. I have the triton Magnesium supplement but not sure how to dose it, and I need a simple and safe way to raise Nitrates.

Calcium at 380 ppm (Red Sea Pro)
Magnesium at 1290 ppm (Salifert)
Nitrate at 0.12 ppm (Red Sea Pro)
Phosphate at 0.06 ppm (Hanna Phosphorous)
Alkalinity at 8.4 dKH (Hanna dKH)

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will help you on the Ca/Mg balance issue: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/fixes-to-main-parameter-balance-issues.338570/

With regards to Nitrates, that's a different and much more variable answer. You need to balance your stock levels (fish poo) against the capacity of the refugium. Sometimes it's an effective answer to over stock as the refugium's capacity to uptake nitrates and ammonia is often under estimated.

You can also look to reduce the amount of time the skimmer is on, reduce skimming to a drier skim and reduce the lighting period on your refugium. I would try these one at a time and not make lots of changes at once.

Hope this helps

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will help you on the Ca/Mg balance issue: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/fixes-to-main-parameter-balance-issues.338570/

With regards to Nitrates, that's a different and much more variable answer. You need to balance your stock levels (fish poo) against the capacity of the refugium. Sometimes it's an effective answer to over stock as the refugium's capacity to uptake nitrates and ammonia is often under estimated.

You can also look to reduce the amount of time the skimmer is on, reduce skimming to a drier skim and reduce the lighting period on your refugium. I would try these one at a time and not make lots of changes at once.

Hope this helps
Awesome thank you so much!

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back