OP
OP
GXPKY

GXPKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to lay tile as well as put a drain in the floor and place tile probably 6 or so inches up the sides of the walls

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to lay tile as well as put a drain in the floor and place tile probably 6 or so inches up the sides of the walls
Sorry to say this after the fact that you laid the chip board, I would have laid the cement board and muddied the joints. I also would have put in a drain. Sorry for arriving late to the thread :)

OP
OP
GXPKY

GXPKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to say this after the fact that you laid the chip board, I would have laid the cement board and muddied the joints. I also would have put in a drain. Sorry for arriving late to the thread :)
I will be laying cement board over the plywood...and as above I am installing a drain lol...never heard of cement board going down by itself

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be laying cement board over the plywood...and as above I am installing a drain lol...never heard of cement board going down by itself
very true, I did not think that far a head, but I think you have this under control:)

OP
OP
GXPKY

GXPKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very true, I did not think that far a head, but I think you have this under control:)
I hope so haha...kinda going overkill but I've flooded my house before so taking all the precautions this time.

OP
OP
GXPKY

GXPKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man that sucks putting down thinset followed by a bujillion screws in the cement board! Tile going down tomorrow! Getting close to finished with this room...then the enjoyable system setup can begin!
36e63e4334cc8d2630f2f6a6e5e2a692.jpg

OP
OP
GXPKY

GXPKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Note...the door is higher because I don't want water flowing into the house if I happen to flood the floor...going to tile about 6 inches high up the walls to keep it contained and install a floor drain.

OP
OP
GXPKY

GXPKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tile is layed, just need to do grout, then finish out the drywall and run electric then the reef build can begin!

b75162dfa0fea6a2361d9d37b98e114f.jpg

dcmartinpc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick suggestion. It looks like the suction side of the pump is not flooded, i.e. above the water level. It is always best practice to flood the inlet because check valves can and will valve and at the most inopportune time.

I would try to control the flow through the fuge sump via gravity and a gate valve. Does the tank in the middle serve a purpose? Bubble trap?

Don

OP
OP
GXPKY

GXPKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick suggestion. It looks like the suction side of the pump is not flooded, i.e. above the water level. It is always best practice to flood the inlet because check valves can and will valve and at the most inopportune time.

I would try to control the flow through the fuge sump via gravity and a gate valve. Does the tank in the middle serve a purpose? Bubble trap?

Don
Center tank will have a baffle on each side, mainly to keep anything away from the pump inlets (ie, snails, etc) just a rough sketch to help brainstorm. True enough on the pump, i should know that from past experience anyways lol. Probably locate it under the center return tank.

Center tank will have equipment plumbed into it as well...outside of tank skimmer, return pump, calcium reactors, dosers, carbon/gfo reactor etc. Just like to keep it clear of anything like sand particles, critters and whatnot.

Thanks!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back