Gyre 2k controller won’t work

Nick blinkin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, anyone have any tips or tricks to get the controller to turn on? I have had this for less than 6months, and the gyre controller has no lights on it, minimal pump function and good power to the unit. NEVER, had issues until about a month ago with the update and now it’s dead(ish) they told me to delete to device from the memory and now it won’t add a device back on. AMD of course they are closed for the weekend.... any ideas how to re establish flow for the tank?

OP
OP
Nick blinkin

Nick blinkin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And to top it off the pump has a super high pitch whine to it now too... awesome... just awesome

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, anyone have any tips or tricks to get the controller to turn on? I have had this for less than 6months, and the gyre controller has no lights on it, minimal pump function and good power to the unit. NEVER, had issues until about a month ago with the update and now it’s dead(ish) they told me to delete to device from the memory and now it won’t add a device back on. AMD of course they are closed for the weekend.... any ideas how to re establish flow for the tank?

I am very sorry for the trouble you are experiencing. We will fix this for you, I promise. Sadly, I am not a member of our support team... but I do like to support all our customers! So I just wanted to acknowledge your message, let you know that we truly do care and won't leave you hanging, Nick. I would definitely encourage you to open a ticket right now (if you haven't yet done so) so that you're at the top of the queue when the team arrives back to work Monday. Sometimes they do reply to tickets on the weekend so it's possible you may hear back sooner than later. We'll be adding additional resources to support in the weeks ahead to continue offering tech support but with a faster turnaround time. Please have faith and know if it's not something that can be fixed remotely via the app or firmware, we can replace the unit for you. It sounds like you're well within the warranty period so hopefully we can get you squared away sooner than later. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to assist you. Feel free to follow up here and let us know how things turned out.

OP
OP
Nick blinkin

Nick blinkin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea this is the second ticket i have had open for this gyre setup. The issues I’m facing is i paid cash at my LFS and they aren’t accepting that since i don’t have a receipt so it’s not really being treated seriously as I’m the original owner. I’m thinking i will have to go through the store to get anything done. Frustrating

dhnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be too late at this point but if you're still struggling to get the controller to work make sure your WIFI has password security enabled. Apparently the HYDROS app will not work properly without a WIFI password. I spent weeks troubleshooting this *groans*

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back