Gyre XF230 setup

Jeremy K.A.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I recently purchased and set up a maxspect gyre XF230 and was wondering if I can set it up so it runs on higher power during the day and lower power at night? I don't want to do it manually everyday in fear of wearing out the controller. Please let me know, thank you!

hijinks7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya the controller isn't very friendly when it comes to setting things up. There is an option i think it has 24 or something settings you can program to change how the pump(s) work throughout the day. So you can program them to start strong at 8am and run slower at 8pm.

See the following. They are what I followed.

OP
OP
Jeremy K.A.

Jeremy K.A.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya the controller isn't very friendly when it comes to setting things up. There is an option i think it has 24 or something settings you can program to change how the pump(s) work throughout the day. So you can program them to start strong at 8am and run slower at 8pm.

See the following. They are what I followed.

Excellent I’ll watch them ASAP! Thank you

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the above. Toss the paper instructions and watch the video. It takes a little tinkering but you will figure it out. I have mine at 10% pwr from 2300 - 0700. Then it ramps up over the next few hours. My max output is 60% and that makes a decent wave across the top.

temfinger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run mine I constant mode for a few hours at 50%, also have it programed to run random flow ramping with the power set on 100%.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 52.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back