Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost a year
You must be really lucky or have a technique to get the Probe to survive for a whole year. It would be cool if you posted your methods so that others could also get a longer life out of their probes.

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You must be really lucky or have a technique to get the Probe to survive for a whole year. It would be cool if you posted your methods so that others could also get a longer life out of their probes.
The first probe lasted 2-3 months, the second was DOA, the third (Version 15 or 16, I honestly don’t remember) has been on for almost a year. I just followed the instructions, and test once a day.
IMG_1811.png

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The first probe lasted 2-3 months, the second was DOA, the third (Version 15 or 16, I honestly don’t remember) has been on for almost a year. I just followed the instructions, and test once a day.
IMG_1811.png
Wow, your sensor is still showing 100% still after a year? Hopefully this new version will give that benefit to everyone.

could you share how often you need to replenish the reference solutions with testing once a day? I see they offer reference solution A, B, and a multi reference solution. Do you use all 3?

Ales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, your sensor is still showing 100% still after a year? Hopefully this new version will give that benefit to everyone.

could you share how often you need to replenish the reference solutions with testing once a day? I see they offer reference solution A, B, and a multi reference solution. Do you use all 3?
  • I am also interested in it

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 50 days on A and B. The multi reference is just to double check the readings are correct (like the 7.5 dkh reference for the KHD)

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
About 50 days on A and B. The multi reference is just to double check the readings are correct (like the 7.5 dkh reference for the KHD)
Thanks! So one should plan around 7-8 refills (~$400-450’ish USD) per year for A and B. Do you think the multi-reference is really needed?

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the multi reference just to see how good it was, up to you. Definitely it’s not cheap but it’s worth it, I’d never test if it was up to me.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used the multi reference just to see how good it was, up to you. Definitely it’s not cheap but it’s worth it, I’d never test if it was up to me.
This was definitely my plan when I was setting up my tank, but that was in 2021. Besides the addition of testing nitrate, the allure of no reagents had me on board. Didn’t realize until recently that ‘reference solutions’ replace reagents and appear to cost more at current prices. Hopefully this thing gets to full production in the next year or so and we can get some competition/options for fellow reefers.

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the main issue is producer they outsourced production of the probes to.

They agreed to a standard but couldn’t realistically deliver it, unfortunately when you trust suppliers and have no quality control on site these things may happen. I.e. apple has QC agents in their suppliers production plants, but GHL is a small company, they can’t realistically afford to pay someone sitting in another country just to do QC on a single kind of probe.

Obviously people get upset gor not having the IOND, but I believe GHL isn’t in a funny position at all and also probably lost tons of money, between changing probes for free (think 15 versions o_O) and lost customers

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fyi!

Chinito10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my new probe and it makes no different, I still having bad sensor performance.

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received mine 2 weeks ago and to my surprise, it's been rock solid so far. Sensor still at 100% and results are accurate and consistant.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am rather disappointed in the ReefBot Lab - so still entertaining the idea of the ION-D. I am not really on-board with the consumables price though and am patiently awaiting probe lifetime and accuracy reports as well as actual consumption/waste reports in relation to "valid" vs erroneous or failed tests.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am rather disappointed in the ReefBot Lab - so still entertaining the idea of the ION-D. I am not really on-board with the consumables price though and am patiently awaiting probe lifetime and accuracy reports as well as actual consumption/waste reports in relation to "valid" vs erroneous or failed tests.

Price point is one. Replacement availability would be another. For me the lifetime vs testing frequency would be key. Just my opinion anyway as I'm automating for data. Data for trends. Then again I am a data hoarder so maybe my opinion doesn't count :D

timry2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received mine followed the prep instructions and after about a week it started to decline to poor sensor performance. I haven’t had a chance to start a ticket yet.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received mine followed the prep instructions and after about a week it started to decline to poor sensor performance. I haven’t had a chance to start a ticket yet.
That is unfortunate. I certainly hope this is the exception and not the case. Was your probe maybe one that was in the batch that got damaged (or whatever it was)?

timry2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is unfortunate. I certainly hope this is the exception and not the case. Was your probe maybe one that was in the batch that got damaged (or whatever it was)?
I hope it is part of a damaged batch. The few test that were successful the measurements were pretty close to chemical testing and were consistent. Im off this Sunday and will have a chance to reach out to vinny

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back