Have you done Secret Santa before? What did you give and what did you get?

DawnfromPa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am excited to join everyone in the secret Santa this year. I am new to this site and new to the Secret Santa.
I am very generous and am wondering what people have given and received. I can’t wait!!! Share your experience.

OP
OP
DawnfromPa

DawnfromPa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
You should. I want to know how generous others are and how generous I should be too.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am excited to join everyone in the secret Santa this year. I am new to this site and new to the Secret Santa.
I am very generous and am wondering what people have given and received. I can’t wait!!! Share your experience.
People received stuff on their wish lists, chemicals, candy, t0shirts, figurines of fish, gidt cards for fish/coral, test kits, etc

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
I got 4 big bottles of red sea A AND B and some chemicals

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
I really didn’t ask for anything so it was a surprise

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
While I didn't do the SS thing here on R2R I've done others. I think it's the spirit of giving that is what makes it fun. I don't care what I get and that's not what it's about IMHO. You can't go into it expecting to get something. You will likely get disappointed if you are in it to receive something in return. Of course there are some folks that are generous and will go above and beyond.

Me personally, I prefer to do SS stuff for deserving families. For me it's much more rewarding. If you ever want to see something and do something fun. Drop $200 at Starbucks and pay for peoples coffee. Just sit there and watch people get free coffee.. It's fun.. Just that the cashier can't tell who did it. At a Mc D's drive through pay for the person behind you.

OP
OP
DawnfromPa

DawnfromPa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
While I didn't do the SS thing here on R2R I've done others. I think it's the spirit of giving that is what makes it fun. I don't care what I get and that's not what it's about IMHO. You can't go into it expecting to get something. You will likely get disappointed if you are in it to receive something in return. Of course there are some folks that are generous and will go above and beyond.

Me personally, I prefer to do SS stuff for deserving families. For me it's much more rewarding. If you ever want to see something and do something fun. Drop $200 at Starbucks and pay for peoples coffee. Just sit there and watch people get free coffee.. It's fun.. Just that the cashier can't tell who did it. At a Mc D's drive through pay for the person behind you.
I wouldn’t call Starbucks shoppers in need/deserving. Lol. BUT You are generous and kind. Maybe the local shelter or local food bank? I just advise never on Craigslist free section... I had tons of scammers trying to get a free meal. That was so weird.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
I have received some pretty awesome gifts. One year, I got a really nice, framed, really artistic drawing of a clownfish in a nem along with hand made filter socks, some cool stuff for my grill (I like to grill a lot), lots of candy, and some other stuff I know I'm forgetting. It was great! I always try to be as generous as I can (I know that varies from person to person as we're all on different budgets). I've sent equipment, giftcards, and of course lots of snack foods.

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
I once did a reddit secret Santa it was a total bust. I got some local sauces and spices for bbq which I thought was neat but the guy kept asking me if I liked it for weeks even though I had told him I’m waiting till Christmas to open it and he got all upset that I waited.
The guy I bought a gift for was super ungrateful, I had stalked out and figure he was always complaining about cold ears and always wearing hats so I bought him a ushanka hat. Which I thought was a interesting gift and wasn’t exactly cheap but he didn’t think so and I got a “Thanks, I guess, it’s not really what I wanted” as a response for that.

OP
OP
DawnfromPa

DawnfromPa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I once did a reddit secret Santa it was a total bust. I got some local sauces and spices for bbq which I thought was neat but the guy kept asking me if I liked it for weeks even though I had told him I’m waiting till Christmas to open it and he got all upset that I waited.
The guy I bought a gift for was super ungrateful, I had stalked out and figure he was always complaining about cold ears and always wearing hats so I bought him a ushanka hat. Which I thought was a interesting gift and wasn’t exactly cheap but he didn’t think so and I got a “Thanks, I guess, it’s not really what I wanted” as a response for that.
Oh, I’m laughing but I probably shouldn’t be. Your gift sounded nice. I thought Secret Santa is supposed to be a secret but it sounds like him asking you if you liked it ...wasn’t much of a secret. Strange.

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
As my family can attest, I'm the worst person to shop for at Christmas. So was my Dad. I never know what to ask for and if I want/need something I just get it myself.
I'm just hoping I can figure out something good for whoever I draw.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 42.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back