Hawaiian fish ban lifted?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will be selling the fish for considerably less than biota

Are you saying we can buy direct from divers?

Otherwise I would assume they will be priced at whatever the LFS/online retailer decides. My LFS is generally very fair though.

Kona Diver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you saying we can buy direct from divers?

Otherwise I would assume they will be priced at whatever the LFS/online retailer decides. My LFS is generally very fair though.
No you can’t buy directly from us. There is a chain of command. We do have a strong influence on market forces based on initial starting price, who we choose to work with, and supply we bring into circulation

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No you can’t buy directly from us. There is a chain of command. We do have a strong influence on market forces based on initial starting price, who we choose to work with, and supply we bring into circulation
Thanks for working with the group of local fishers to allow for proper haresting and distribution of Hawaii's bounty of beautiful fishes. I appreciate that your side has gathered years of environmental data that demonstrate a solid, scientific rational for allowing the harvest of reef fishes from many reefs in Hawaii, including data that showed that harvested populations were just as healthy, if not more healthy and sustainable as the unfished populations that anti harvest, self proclaimed saviours of native fishes group(s) maintain cannot be possible because they refuse to accept the data because it doesn't align with their moral outrage against anyone that doesn't embrace their narrow view as a gospel of truth; the data should be ignored since they mean well and you must agree?

I have been dealing with a similar situation in my job and I have lost my ability to tolerate the intollerant. They don't deserve the respect that they claim to own and share, but don't actually have at all, ime.

Of course I would rather just poach and ignore all the rules myself but I do try to gracefully respect others perspectives. :)
I also give the data a fair examination to hopefully give respect to those who deserve it, and especially to those who have earned it, in this case @Kona Diver -Keep up the good fight for the wise and faithful use of your local reef resources.
Respectfully
Kris

Kona Diver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure that Potters Angel was a good choice for collection, since most people don’t seem to be able to keep it alive for more than a few months.
Depends on where the potters were sourced in Hawaii. Different regions have different collection methods and that makes all the difference in the world in the long term survival of this particular fish.

Kona Diver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please share a side by side photo to back this up?
I agree - that is why I asked. The issue is that someone sees that and then continues to post similar statements and before we know it - it is fact. Sadly.
Personal preference wild vs captive bred/raise is different and I'll stay out of that one if you don't mind ;)
it is a fact though. This is well understood with people in the know. Wild fish are superior in quality and coloration

Kona Diver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for working with the group of local fishers to allow for proper haresting and distribution of Hawaii's bounty of beautiful fishes. I appreciate that your side has gathered years of environmental data that demonstrate a solid, scientific rational for allowing the harvest of reef fishes from many reefs in Hawaii, including data that showed that harvested populations were just as healthy, if not more healthy and sustainable as the unfished populations that anti harvest, self proclaimed saviours of native fishes group(s) maintain cannot be possible because they refuse to accept the data because it doesn't align with their moral outrage against anyone that doesn't embrace their narrow view as a gospel of truth; the data should be ignored since they mean well and you must agree?

I have been dealing with a similar situation in my job and I have lost my ability to tolerate the intollerant. They don't deserve the respect that they claim to own and share, but don't actually have at all, ime.

Of course I would rather just poach and ignore all the rules myself but I do try to gracefully respect others perspectives. :)
I also give the data a fair examination to hopefully give respect to those who deserve it, and especially to those who have earned it, in this case @Kona Diver -Keep up the good fight for the wise and faithful use of your local reef resources.
Respectfully
Kris
Thank you for the kind words

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on where the potters were sourced in Hawaii. Different regions have different collection methods and that makes all the difference in the world in the long term survival of this particular fish.
Well… sounds like someone needs to call them out on it, so wholesalers don’t buy from them.

rocket098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I warned people about the ban being lifted. Those who spent 500 on yellows will now regret it. I see the price at around 100 soon as those fish numbers have increased and will be exported in big quantities due to initial demand. Also I will voice my opinion that wild yellows look way more colorful the the captive bred. The yellow looks much deeper. The captive bred still look good but slightly more on the white side. Good luck to all

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back