OP
Hefton

Hefton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to update, of where things are currently at.

I now have the ATO up and running. I am using a Hanna dosing pump to pump water from the RO tank directly to the flow from the inline tank.

P1020450.jpg

This is where the top off (left), and Ca reactor injects back into the system.

P1020451.jpg

I added a shelf under the DT to keep things off of the floor. A Profilux II will be used to aid in some of the control as the other controller is in the basement.

P1020452.jpg

The lighting for the tank is ordered, but will not be in for probably another month or so. Due to the 48" width of the tank, I ended up going with two Sfiligoi Exaggerte pendants. Each pendant will house a 250w and a 400w bulb.

DSC06365.jpg

Next on the list is to figure out how I want the pendants to hang. My idea is to suspend a solid platform from two pieces of unistrut. The platform will ride on rollers, so it can be removed easily (well maybe with two people). My thought is this will provide a solid surface for the two pendants, as well as any future lighting if needed. Add a crown around the platform leaving a small gap to the ceiling, and replacing the current flood lights with a low wattage flood or possibly leds to provide a dimmable lighting effect.

P1020453.jpg

That's the plan at least :smile:.

ucantmakeme

Green Tips save lives
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this thing is sick so far.... unbelievably clean equipment room... cant wait for more updates!!

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice lines and the tank progress looks immaculate. Keep up the good work! Looking forward to updates...

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice build going on, I had a question, I have a very large tank given to me, and can not figure out how to move it. can a tank this size be dis-assemble, and reassemble on site? even if it takes a professional glass man? or will i need to figure out how to get a fork lift in to move it intact?

OP
OP
Hefton

Hefton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice build going on, I had a question, I have a very large tank given to me, and can not figure out how to move it. can a tank this size be dis-assemble, and reassemble on site? even if it takes a professional glass man? or will i need to figure out how to get a fork lift in to move it intact?

Its definitely not easy moving large glass aquariums. Prior to moving this one in I had to construct a pallet that was exactly 32" wide. Just wide enough to support the tank, and fit through the doorways. Once the pallet was built, I flipped it on its side, and then forked it through the doorway. Once in the house, the tank was wheeled to the location on 4 wheel carts.

Regarding disassembling and reassembling. Its possible, but it is a lot of work removing all the silicone, and prepping the glass for reassembly. I personally would only leave this to a professional.

What are the dimensions and approximate weight of the tank you are referring to?

ttpociask

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice meeting you tonight Brad, and thanks for the tour of your setup. It's every bit as good and then some in person, as what I saw on here. I may need to enlist your help in the future on my new setup. Thanks again. Tim

OP
OP
Hefton

Hefton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice meeting you tonight Brad, and thanks for the tour of your setup. It's every bit as good and then some in person, as what I saw on here. I may need to enlist your help in the future on my new setup. Thanks again. Tim

Tim,

It was also nice meeting you guys. Let me know If you need anything.

Brad

OP
OP
Hefton

Hefton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did get a little work done on the structure that I will mount the lighting pendants to.

Two short pieces of Unistrut that are bolted into the floor joists.

P1020454.jpg

This is part of the unfinished structure that is rolled into the unistrut. I still need to add the crown molding around it bringing closer to the ceiling. The purple is the unpainted drywall.

P1020455.jpg

OP
OP
Hefton

Hefton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The molding is on, and a couple of coats of primer. It actually doesn't look like it , but there is about a 1" gap between the ceiling and the top of the crown for the blue light to spill out.

ttpociask

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really looks nice, that's a unique idea to have the blue light come out of that space. But I wouldn't expect anything less after seeing the rest of your setup.

OP
OP
Hefton

Hefton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally received the pendants.

P1020499.jpg

P1020498.jpg

Each fixture houses a Sfiligoi 14k 400w and a 14k 250w bulb.

P1020500.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back