Hello All

Adam.Jackson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greeting guys,

My name is Adam Jackson and I am new to the forum. I will admit I am typically weary of forums but after watching this one for a few weeks and getting to know the Admins and members through Facebook whether personally or professionally, your insatiable welcoming and family friendly attitudes made me want to take the leap and start a personal account here, so here is a little background on myself.

I have been an aquarium hobbyist for 20 years.

I have been a marine aquarium hobbyist for 14 years.

Living in Southern California I am an avid swimmer, sailor and diver, though unlike most due to my swimming ability I prefer free diving to SCUBA when possible.

I have been a part of the expert crew at Bob Fenner's website Wetwebmedia since 2003.

I have been an on again off again contributor to magazines and e-magazines such as Conscientious Aquarist and Tropical Fish Hobbyist since 2004.

From 2003-2006 I worked as head aquarist at a private wholesaler which also included aquaculture of Cnidaria and some fish.

I have held the position of Husbandry intern at the Aquarium of the Pacific for about a year now, though I have currently been reassigned to education and exhibit interpretation, including tours and lessons to school children. During my time in husbandry I focused on temperate fisheries and temperate reefs, dietary needs of fish and the care and breeding of elasmobanchii and endangered

I currently work for Transworld Aquatics and Aquanautics as a Biology and Marketing Consultant [Though this is a private account and my views/advice/opinions does NOT reflect those of my employers]

Though I have a lot of experience in the hobby and trade, both as a hobbyist and professionally my main area of study and occupation for most of my adult life has been in law enforcement and law, though as of last year I made the decision to do what I love and return to school for Marine Biology and Itchyology in general.

Oh other than that I'm pretty much the king of typos :), I look forward to meeting and "geeking out" about fish with all of you and thank Dave for the invite,

-Adam

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Welcome to R2R I look forward to learning from you :). I may give you run for your money on the typos!

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the site!

OP
OP
Adam.Jackson

Adam.Jackson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already found one *brain fart* in my first post, I meant to say endangered abalone but forgot to finish the thought...I'll do that a lot hehe. Thanks for the welcome again guys,

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Adam welcome buddy! We are definitely honored to have you here and can't wait to have you sharing with us in the forums! :D

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Sounds like you got it goin' on!! Welcome to R2R! Where friendly aquarists and awesome reefs collide! <That's my cheesy greeting! ;)> Kick off your shoes and make yourself at home!! Where you will always find... jk I won't give you another cheese line!

OP
OP
Adam.Jackson

Adam.Jackson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha, thanks guys. I'm looking forward to just enjoying the company of other hobbyists but yes I would love to help/share in any way I can.

REEFKEEPER10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Glad you joined and welcome anything you have to offer. Weather pics, questions or info.

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow that's awesome! Welcome to R2R and hopefully one day I'll be able to pick your brain on some topics ;) This is a very friendly site with many great members. You have joined the right forum for sure.

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I wish I could get paid for geeking out about reefs! Sounds like you had some great experience in the marine world! I look forward to all the info you can share with us, and vice versa! Welcome to R2R! One last phrase you'll hear around here a lot...Let's see some pictures!!

OP
OP
Adam.Jackson

Adam.Jackson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man! Whats up! Glad to have you here! I always enjoy talking to you, especially about marine life!

Same man, and you know I'm digging' the Star Wars quote in the sig. lol

Wow, I wish I could get paid for geeking out about reefs! Sounds like you had some great experience in the marine world! I look forward to all the info you can share with us, and vice versa! Welcome to R2R! One last phrase you'll hear around here a lot...Let's see some pictures!!

Thanks for the welcome, I will for sure post pictures as appropriate but to the surprise of many I do not have my own tank. The last year of being in husbandry at AOP means I was assisting care for about 10-15 tanks, the smaller of which was 40 gallons the largest of which was about 25,000 and then I started work at transworld so I put most of my effort into that rather than personal tanks. I am moving soon, purchased a duplex in West LA and I will certainly have tanks there and will do build threads then.

Welcome to R2R!

Thanks for the welcome!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back