Hello from Maryland

saltybagel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I finally decided to make an account here after browsing the forums for a long while! Ya'll are so knowledgeable, I swear every time I'm on here I learn something new. Though I'm still probably considered new, only ~6 years in.

I'm just starting up my 40g cube again after a short break. Hopefully there are some fellow ornamental macroalgae with softies / LPS tank setup enthusiasts?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
saltybagel

saltybagel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

What part of Maryland? I’m in Anne Arundel county. Also, what LFS is your go-to (if any)?

Hi!

Anne Arundel county is a great area, I used to live over around Severna Park. I'm located in central maryland now for work.
I'm a fan of House of Tropicals for sure, since it's so easy to get to and has a decent selection for fish, inverts and filtration media when I am in a pinch. Though I usually get most of my stuff from BRS, Algaebarn, Liveaquaria or amazon. I'm thinking about trying out Seahorse Savvy for sourcing macroalgae for this setup. Have you tried them out, or have a go-to for clean macroalgae (if you use it in your setups)?

Last edited:

Homebrewer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

Anne Arundel county is a great area, I used to live over around Severna Park. I'm located in central maryland now for work.
I'm a fan of House of Tropicals for sure, since it's so easy to get to and has a decent selection for fish, inverts and filtration media when I am in a pinch. Though I usually get most of my stuff from BRS, Algaebarn, Liveaquaria or amazon. I'm thinking about trying out Seahorse Savvy for sourcing macroalgae for this setup. Have you tried them out, or have a go-to for clean macroalgae (if you use it in your setups)?
Yeah, I go to HOT to get my frozen food and the occasional frag. Much like you I order most stuff online.

Never used Seahorse Savvy… sorry.

If you’re anywhere near Frederick, check out Fintastic. I was up there for work a few years ago and got a few frags pretty cheap, good quality too.

If you ever go to HOT or are interested in a frag swap, PM me.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back