Hello from the uk

JonsNano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, just a quick intro:
I have had a reef tank for almost ten years, have managed to move house once with everything then had a seam go 15months ago in the night and had to downsize in a mad panic to a nano to save what i could :( o ‘twas a fun day that or few days should I say with the removal of sea smell, old floor and then putting in a new floor whilst sorting the tank out and obviously not working.

Things went well in the nano and I started to keep sps or should I say the harder to keep sps like acros not just your months and such, I then got complacent and went from weekly parameter checks to monthly.
All was well and good for a few months until my doser line for some reason crystallised and clogged(which I did not realise) and I slowly over 2 weeks watched the majority of my tank die as my alk crashed among other things, I didn’t test as I had/still have a rainbow chalice which seemed unaffected the whole time sadly it most definitely wasn’t/isn’t my canary in my tank but happily lived lol, I even had 7 year old candy cane colonies polyp bail out on me, it was a nightmare!
This was a few months ago and I have been through some uglies since but things are starting to grow again now which leads me to here, so long time lurker finally joined :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
images.jpeg

ukgeoff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings and a very warm welcome from Salisbury in the UK!

Congratulations on getting your mojo back, I know how it feels when things go a little off-kilter... interest wanes, and the tank's not worth bothering with anymore lol. I managed to get through this patch, starting with some big water changes and cleaning the glass, which at least made everything look better. I then started getting my parameters back in line, and before long, all was good again :)

Hopefully, you're on the turnaround now. Good luck, and may the force be with you, young Jedi.

OP
OP
JonsNano

JonsNano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings and a very warm welcome from Salisbury in the UK!

Congratulations on getting your mojo back, I know how it feels when things go a little off-kilter... interest wanes, and the tank's not worth bothering with anymore lol. I managed to get through this patch, starting with some big water changes and cleaning the glass, which at least made everything look better. I then started getting my parameters back in line, and before long, all was good again :)

Hopefully, you're on the turnaround now. Good luck, and may the force be with you, young Jedi.
Hello Geoff and thanks!
Hearing Salisbury brings back many good memories I used to regularly spend days there in places I shouldn’t be on my off-road motorcycle lol.
Not sure it’s quite back but definitely well on its way I’m in the mood lol my params are back and stable, well except no3 but hey that’s no biggy.
I hope so! And Cheers much appreciated!

Last edited:

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a reef tank for almost ten years, have managed to move house once with everything then had a seam go 15months ago in the night and had to downsize in a mad panic to a nano to save what i could :( o ‘twas a fun day that or few days should I say with the removal of sea smell, old floor and then putting in a new floor whilst sorting the tank out and obviously not working.

Things went well in the nano and I started to keep sps or should I say the harder to keep sps like acros not just your months and such, I then got complacent and went from weekly parameter checks to monthly.
All was well and good for a few months until my doser line for some reason crystallised and clogged(which I did not realise) and I slowly over 2 weeks watched the majority of my tank die as my alk crashed among other things, I didn’t test as I had/still have a rainbow chalice which seemed unaffected the whole time sadly it most definitely wasn’t/isn’t my canary in my tank but happily lived lol, I even had 7 year old candy cane colonies polyp bail out on me, it was a nightmare!
This was a few months ago and I have been through some uglies since but things are starting to grow again now which leads me to here, so long time lurker finally joined :)
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
welcometuna.gif

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome 2 R2R

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back